Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B QUestion-Reposting,PLEASE HELP

Hello,
    I had a H1B Visa with Company A. I was laid off but luckily I got an offer from Company B and they applied for the H1B transfer. The date on the INS receipt is 3 days after I got laid off.

Although I got the receipt I needed some time off before joining. Conseqwuently I joined Company B after a period of 45 days after I was laid off.

I am waiting to hear from the INS regarding the application but I am working and have collected pay for 1 month. Now I want to move to another company C, because its a better offer.

Their lawyers say that I may have problems because I was not working for a period of 45 days. Mind you I had filed my H1B petition, but just didnt start working.

Do you think this will be a problem? I need to make a decision about joining Company C.If its risky I will continue with Company B.
    Please advice...
    Thanks

Hello,
    I had a H1B Visa with Company A. I was laid off but luckily I got an offer from Company B and they applied for the H1B transfer. The date on the INS receipt is 3 days after I got laid off.

Although I got the receipt I needed some time off before joining. Conseqwuently I joined Company B after a period of 45 days after I was laid off.

I am waiting to hear from the INS regarding the application but I am working and have collected pay for 1 month. Now I want to move to another company C, because its a better offer.

Their lawyers say that I may have problems because I was not working for a period of 45 days. Mind you I had filed my H1B petition, but just didnt start working.

Do you think this will be a problem? I need to make a decision about joining Company C.If its risky I will continue with Company B.
    Please advice...
    Thanks

Comment

You should continue , you should not be working for another company unless H1B is processed. you should have pay stub from the company B that you work there for 45 days after your H1B aproval or you should have letter from the company that they are downsizing and they let you go and find another employer.

Comment

Working...
      X