Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage

my question is this
    my fiance and I wish to get married as soon as we can and I have sent off the I-129f petition to my local INS centre
    If my fiance was to come and visit me now on a VWP, would he have any problems entering the US and what if we decide we can't wait for the fiance visa to be issued,could we go ahead and get married now and change status after we've married?

my question is this
    my fiance and I wish to get married as soon as we can and I have sent off the I-129f petition to my local INS centre
    If my fiance was to come and visit me now on a VWP, would he have any problems entering the US and what if we decide we can't wait for the fiance visa to be issued,could we go ahead and get married now and change status after we've married?

Comment

Entering the US and intending to get married is illegal. Since you have already filed for your finace visa, if he comes in on a VW and then you guys get married, that would look bad and the INS officers will probably think that he came in intending on staying...then that will make your case worse. He could get deported over it.
      A little patience now will be better in the long run.

Comment

Working...
      X