I am in distress. Please Help!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in distress. Please Help!!!!!

I am in the process of my applying for GC. My company says it is going to apply for it. But I feel they might dupe me. Also, my H1 expires by the end of 2004. I have been thinking of applying for Canadian PR. Can I do it parallely to US GC application. Also, How long does it take to get it? Is it an easy process? How long does it take to happen?

Thanks a lot to anybody taking pain to help me.

I am in the process of my applying for GC. My company says it is going to apply for it. But I feel they might dupe me. Also, my H1 expires by the end of 2004. I have been thinking of applying for Canadian PR. Can I do it parallely to US GC application. Also, How long does it take to get it? Is it an easy process? How long does it take to happen?

Thanks a lot to anybody taking pain to help me.

Comment

From my understanding you can apply parallel to the US process, but there will come a time where you need to choose between residencies, you cannot be a resident of both countries.

Depending on how you apply for Canadian residency will depend on the time that it takes. However, I woudl allot at least a year to a year and a half to the process.

I do not know if it is truly an easy process. I looked into it as an option and find that the canadian process does not look overly difficult to me, in my particular circumstance (I qualify as a skilled worker). However, I have not actually attempted to obtain my permanent residency there - so I have not actually gone through the process.

Why do you think the company you are working for would lie to you. If they think you are eligible for permanent residency, wouldn't it be in their best interest to help you with the process if at all possible?

Comment

Working...
      X