Engaged to LPR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engaged to LPR

I am an illegal immigrant engaged to be married to a LPR. Can anyone tell me if he'll be eligible to sponser me in getting my LPR and how long can this process take?

I am an illegal immigrant engaged to be married to a LPR. Can anyone tell me if he'll be eligible to sponser me in getting my LPR and how long can this process take?

Comment

Untill 245(i) is extended you can not adjust status here. You can get married to your fiance and wait for 245(i) to be extended then your spouse will be able to sponsor you. If a LPR files a petition for a spouse it usually take 5 - 6 years but when your spouse will become Citizen then will be able to request for change of category to the BCIS.
      Good luck

Comment

My spouse and I discussed it and he decided to become a USC, can u give us some advice on the procedures that he has to take in order to do this. And should he do this before we marry or after? Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

I was reading today, that President is pushing for extension of 245(i). It was revealed by his Press Secretary. Both houses are controlled by Republicans, as such there is every liklihood that it will soon be enacted.
          You can marry him and then wait till 245(i) is extended, then he will be able to sponsor you. In the meantime, if he is eligible for Naturalization, then he should apply for that asap.
          Good luck.

Comment

Thank u

Comment

Working...
            X