F1 to H1B?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1B?

I have applied for OPT a month ago. My employer is not ready to wait for another two months for OPT to come. He wants me to go directly on H1B. He is ready to sponsor me for H1 and he expects me to hire a lawyer and he will pay necessary fees etc. Is it possible to apply for H1B when I still havent recieved OPT(EAD). Is the change of status possible or I will have to obtain the stamp from my home country? please advice.
    Thanks

I have applied for OPT a month ago. My employer is not ready to wait for another two months for OPT to come. He wants me to go directly on H1B. He is ready to sponsor me for H1 and he expects me to hire a lawyer and he will pay necessary fees etc. Is it possible to apply for H1B when I still havent recieved OPT(EAD). Is the change of status possible or I will have to obtain the stamp from my home country? please advice.
    Thanks

Comment

Yes it is possible for you to apply for eithera H1B visa or H1B status immediately. And I suggest you do so at once, while you are still in status. If you need further clarification though. Please contact a trustworthy lawyer.

Comment

Thanks Eje. i really appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Working...
        X