Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

If one is to get a marriage declared invalid because it was short(three weekS). Due to sterility reasons. What haeppens if they remarry again to a us ciitzen . does tis affect there application for adjustment of status. Is it beeter not to disclose this information. is it required in the application

If one is to get a marriage declared invalid because it was short(three weekS). Due to sterility reasons. What haeppens if they remarry again to a us ciitzen . does tis affect there application for adjustment of status. Is it beeter not to disclose this information. is it required in the application

Comment

Never buy a car without taking it for a test drive

Comment

Akpcat. did you file any paperwork based on the 3 wk marriage for ADJ of STATus? Are you seeking an anullment on grounds that spouse didnt tell you they could not have children?

Comment

4now I didnt file any papaer work yet. Yeah i am seeking an anullemtn on those basis. Im not sure if im to remarry again then should i say that i was never married or should i say i have been married becasue i thought an annulment removes the marriage records

Comment

Akpcat:

No matter what you do...dont file any papers for AOS on behalf of this person. In fact, I would write an immediate letter to your LOCAL BCIS office and to the Service Center that handled your K1 processing (Certified Mail Return Receipt)and tell them you have filed for an anullment based upon fraud and you wish to withdraw any support for any further actions your soon to be ex may take to adjust status. Your local office should send your soon to be ex a letter telling him/her that it is time to go home or face removal proceedings!

If you remarry and need to fill out BCIS forms in the future, full disclosure is the way to go but you can point out the marriage was anulled after three weeks!!

Comment

Hi Apkat. ok I think I get it. You are the alien and spouse was the sterile USC you are getting anulled from. No paperwork has been filed. thats good. Is your visa still good/legal status? If you marry USC again you will have to show papers of annulment to remarry. This will mean when you file papers with BCIS for the 2nd marriage, these papers should be made available. It may come up in the interview for Adj of Status when the time comes, but should not be a problem becuase you were lied to about fertility.

Comment

Working...
              X