I-751 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 question

I am confused about the next procedure and what steps to take. I will be married 2 years soon, have been for fingerprinting will INS send me an alien registration card with date it expires on it or do I have to apply for that? Will appreciate advice.

I am confused about the next procedure and what steps to take. I will be married 2 years soon, have been for fingerprinting will INS send me an alien registration card with date it expires on it or do I have to apply for that? Will appreciate advice.

Comment

have you already had your green card interview?

Comment

No I have not had any interview.

Comment

Some more info pls

Comment

ally,

If you want specific answers you need to provide details. So far we know that you are not a USC and that your wife is a USC (based on the fact that your subject is I-751). What paperwork have you filed? Have you filed to adjust status, did you apply for an EAD? You will be granted permanent resident status without any conditions if you are approved after you have been married for 2 years. If you are approved for PR status before the 2 years then you will be granted conditional status and you will have to file an I-751 2 years less 90 days from the time you were granted conditional status. It's not clear to me why you are worried about I-751 issues if you aren't even a permanent resident yet?

Comment

Suggestion: If your status in this country is currently legal, and you have not received your GC yet, I suggest that you wait till your second anniversary and then contact your local immigration office. That way you will get your permanent GC instead of conditional.

In my case immigration office gave my conditional GC just 2 months before my second marriage anniversary.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. To answer the questions : I came over on K1 visa and after marriage went to INS to adjust status. Year later received letter to go for fingerprinting. I have EAD card and have renewed already. Just not sure what the next step would be. Have not had green card interview. Thanks again.

Comment

Ok...

So here we are talking about AOS ( Adjustment of Status) and not Remval of condition ( I- 751) like topic title ... now I can tell u more which might be helpful to you ....

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#step%204

kindly visit this webpage and click on section number 6 ... u will get answer to all ur possible questions...Good night...Pasha

Comment

If you still haven't got your interview yet, then they will call you for AOS INTERVIEW to adjust your status to Permanent Resident.

If your interview in the time frame LESS than 2 years after your marriage, they will give you CONDITIONAL PERMANENT RESIDENT (For only two years and you have to remove your condition by sending form I-751 three months before its expired).

If your interview occurred AFTER 2 years of your marriage, you will be granted for 10 years permanent resident straight away.

Comment

Pasha - just checked out the web site you mentioned and wow there is wonderful reading there. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X