Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entered Legally but I overstayed!! OOOPS!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entered Legally but I overstayed!! OOOPS!!

Hello Everyone,

I am originally from Ivory Coast. I entered the US in October of 1997 legally at JFK Airport in New York. An I-94 was given to me and my original passport had my visa in it.
    I said Original because I lost that passport however I still have my I-94 with me.
    I have overstayed since then and I am now married to my USC wife ( We have been together living together for 4 years.)
    What are my chances to obtain some papers to work. I also live in seattle Washington, how fast does it go here?

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I am originally from Ivory Coast. I entered the US in October of 1997 legally at JFK Airport in New York. An I-94 was given to me and my original passport had my visa in it.
    I said Original because I lost that passport however I still have my I-94 with me.
    I have overstayed since then and I am now married to my USC wife ( We have been together living together for 4 years.)
    What are my chances to obtain some papers to work. I also live in seattle Washington, how fast does it go here?

Thanks

Comment

I believe yours is a pretty straightforward case. You can file based on marriage to a USC and easily adjust your status seeing as you entered legally. You can download the papers, fill them out and send them in. Within a couple of months you should get a work permit etc. Perhaps someone else can make sure I have this right? Good luck!

Comment

Okay, Thanks alot.
        But I have one more question though.
        Would it be a problem for me to have lost my passport?
        My dad sent me another passport. But this one doesn't have my visa in it. However I still do have my I-94 stating my name and date I entered the US with the US Custom stamp on it.
        How long does it take to obtain a work permit in seattle?

Comment

It is unlikely that your lost passport will be an issue. Once you file your case, the work permit will be issued in one of two ways. Either you will go to the BCIS and have an EAD issued or they will mail one to you. Adjudication timelines vary by district, but it normally takes 30 to 90 days.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Thanks alot bud!
            I appreciate your time and the help you offered.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Today, I received a receipt from the INS.
                I filed on the 6th of OCtober was sent back to me because I didn't put in the right amount of money they wanted $550. I gave them 500.
                I sent the full thing back and according to my return request by the post office they received it on the 16th of october 2003.
                Exactly 2 month today and I got a receipt from them.
                How long will it take before I get called in to get my work permit?
                I am in Seattle WA.

Comment

90 days from the date they received it. If more than 90 days, have a walk in to USCIS and bring your receipt (letter) from USCIS regarding your EAD and they will issue it to you on the same day. Make sure you wait until 90 days first.

Good luck.

Comment

I am getting excited everyday.
                    I just got a letter from them today to go and get my work permit the first week of January.

My wife and I are very happy about this.

Will let ya'll know.

Comment

I went in this morning at the seattle INS office and I received my Work Permit.

It feels good to be somewhat or better yet to breath an air that smells almost like legal again.

The officer who did my fingerprint was really cool. He even told me that I might get called up in the next 5 or 6 month for an interview to receive my Temporary Green Card.
                      Awesome.

Will let ya'll know.

Comment

i came from the great state of canada,married a USC,went down to immigration and showed marriage license then was approved to work and got a conditional gc which after a couple of years was changed to full permanent status,good luck

Comment

earlier message reads canada as a great state.sorry i been in usa too long,lol...but then again if quebec separates from canada,maybe she CAN become a state.

Comment

Salut Frere,

Ton histoire est vraiment encourageant, ca montre qu'il y a toujours le beau temps apres la pluie. Moi j'attends toujours que mon cas se debloque et entre temps il y a pas grand chose a faire qu'attendre. Je ne suis pas marie. Je suis contre l'idee de me marier pour les papiers ( je suis sur que ce n'etait pas ton cas). Keske tu conseillerais a un parent qui est dechire entre prendre epouse ici ou amener une du pays. Je suppose que tu as ce dilemne et a su quoi faire.
                            Bien a toi.
                            Amcis101@aol.com

Comment

Bonjour Parent,

C'est avec plaisir que j'ai lu ton message.
                              Je t'ai repondu sur ton email ce matin. Ecris moi ou appelle moi comme mentionner dans mon email.
                              A tres bientot et que Dieu nous garde tous.

Salut et portes toi bien.

Comment

Working...
                              X