Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustment of Status interviews based on Marriage in Los Angeles. INS is toooooo slow or off on vacation or something

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status interviews based on Marriage in Los Angeles. INS is toooooo slow or off on vacation or something

What is going on with the Los Angeles / CSC not processing this type of a case? My wife has been waiting for the interview date since Feb 2003. I thought it takes 5 months at the most in LA..... Anyone has been interviewed for adjustment of status in LA in the last 1-2 months based on marriage? When did you guys file I-485 / I-130 etc?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
    KOKO

What is going on with the Los Angeles / CSC not processing this type of a case? My wife has been waiting for the interview date since Feb 2003. I thought it takes 5 months at the most in LA..... Anyone has been interviewed for adjustment of status in LA in the last 1-2 months based on marriage? When did you guys file I-485 / I-130 etc?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts
    KOKO

Comment

KOKO,

6 months is not too long my friend. 2 years (that's 24 months) is toooooo long. Just be patient. As long as your file is not lost you have nothing to worry about.

OxO

Comment

Koko, nothing to worry about. We have filed for my husband in October of last year and no answer yet. I have contacted last week our Congressman's office. They faxed me a form that I had to fill out to inquire at the BCIS. I filled it out, faxed it to them and yesterday received a letter from the office notifying us that they have contacted BCIS regarding our case and should hear from them withing 60-90 days. Let's just hope that we will here from the BCIS sooner than that.

Comment

THANKS COM2LA for the info......
          It is strange that I see some of the similar cases here in Los Angeles, California that are processed much faster. i.e. some cases take as little as 3-4 months in Santa Ana, CA and I was hoping that that would be the case with our case especially the BCIS says it wants to speed up the process. Check our these sites to see experiences:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/aosint_2.html

http://www.skyweb.net/~rlls/aos/cali...tml#losangeles

KOKO

Comment

Thank you, Koko for the sites. It was really interesting to read different experiences. Good luck to both of us

Comment

Working...
            X