Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a sponsor

Hi,

I got married and be in usa for about 5 month with the sponsor from my husband.
    My green card is valid for 2 years.
    The married did not workout, so we are in the process of getting divorce.
    I know that after the divorce I can't re-apply for green card after 2 years. Now I am staying at my sister house. Can my sister sponsor me or my dad sponsor me to stay legally ???
    Is there any chance that ins will deport me ???
    Thanks,
    Nicky

Hi,

I got married and be in usa for about 5 month with the sponsor from my husband.
    My green card is valid for 2 years.
    The married did not workout, so we are in the process of getting divorce.
    I know that after the divorce I can't re-apply for green card after 2 years. Now I am staying at my sister house. Can my sister sponsor me or my dad sponsor me to stay legally ???
    Is there any chance that ins will deport me ???
    Thanks,
    Nicky

Comment

If your father is Citizen and at the time of divorce your age is under 21 years, you can be benefitted from CSPA, 2002.
      If your sister is citizen and she sponsors you, it will take somewhere from 10 - 15 years, depending from which country you are. You can not stay illegal for such a long time.
      If you are not 21 years and your father is not Citizen, then you will have to look for some other type of sponsorship like employment or get married to some US Citizen and file the papers for adjustment of status. First of all, you will need divorce from you husband.

Comment

Working...
      X