Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC holder married foreigner. I am F**** right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC holder married foreigner. I am F**** right?

I wish the US would just say so out and loud, instead of having me hoping and going through all kinds of legal proceedings. They should say: "If you hold a GC, and marry a foreigner, you are screwed, buddy, and there is no one who can help you".

I am completely unwilling to:
    1 - break the law (live in fear of deportation of my family, wife unable to visit parents etc)
    2 - live separate from my wife for 5 years.

So, i have to leave. F**** the greencard and the nazi laws in this country which first invite me over here then not let me marry whom i choose?! This is not just against family values, its unconstitutional. But i guess when it comes to LPRs america doesn't give a F**** about the constitution, right?!

Sorry for all the swearing, but i really feel like that after 6 months of trying to get her into the country _legally_. My lawyer immediately advised me not to marry and getting her over her on a lame excuse, then overstaying. But well i love her, and nothing was going to stop me from marrying her, so here i am.

I wish the US would just say so out and loud, instead of having me hoping and going through all kinds of legal proceedings. They should say: "If you hold a GC, and marry a foreigner, you are screwed, buddy, and there is no one who can help you".

I am completely unwilling to:
    1 - break the law (live in fear of deportation of my family, wife unable to visit parents etc)
    2 - live separate from my wife for 5 years.

So, i have to leave. F**** the greencard and the nazi laws in this country which first invite me over here then not let me marry whom i choose?! This is not just against family values, its unconstitutional. But i guess when it comes to LPRs america doesn't give a F**** about the constitution, right?!

Sorry for all the swearing, but i really feel like that after 6 months of trying to get her into the country _legally_. My lawyer immediately advised me not to marry and getting her over her on a lame excuse, then overstaying. But well i love her, and nothing was going to stop me from marrying her, so here i am.

Comment

Niko, I hear ya bud! You're absolutely right about the "American way." Honestly, selling your soul to the devil would be less miserable in comparison. Simply overrated, I tell ya.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel.My husband is a USC and we still can not adjust my status or anything!!!
        It is so F****** UP!!!

Comment

Yep, and we can do is get drunk and chat about it.

Comment

Are we allowed to get drunk while chatting? Isnt that unlawfull yet?

I guess that has long as you dont chat from your laptop while driving your car, then you are fine huh?

Comment

nice INFORMATIVE message buddy.

Why are you whining? Be happy. In 5 years at least you can get a gc guaranteed. You say you're here, so i assume you're already here legally on some visa. So stay on that visa, assuming it's a work visa.

Now even if you decided to "overstay" -- you could still get your GC, as long as you don't leave. So you're still okay in that regard once she becomes a USC.

-= nav =-

Comment

Working...
              X