5 years overstayed on a b2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years overstayed on a b2

I'm getting married to my USC girlfriend in december 2002.After overstaying for 5 years my B2 visa,would it be wiser to find an immigration lawyer to file for AOS?
    Thank all for responding.

I'm getting married to my USC girlfriend in december 2002.After overstaying for 5 years my B2 visa,would it be wiser to find an immigration lawyer to file for AOS?
    Thank all for responding.

Comment

When you file for AOS your overstay will be pardonned, a lawyer is IMO not really necessary for filing but on the other hand to be sure you might want to consult one.

Whatever you do DO NOT leave the country untill your AOS is approved or you will be banned for 10 years, married or not.

Comment

I should tell you that I have worked illigaly with a good ssn#,filed taxes.should I mention that ssn# on I-485?should I file an affidavit of support to raise our income level?What if the ins contact my employer?

Comment

On top of all this mess,i have lost my I-94.What should I do?Apply for one in the same process?
          I-94 Application
          I-130

Comment

How did you work *illegally* with a *valid* SSN? It simply is impossible. You either have worked legally with a regular SSn, or you worked illegally with a fake SSn. Other than that you are okay. However even if you marry an USC you'd need to prove that you entered legally into the country (that is to say the I-94 is really needed.)

Comment

I do have a valid SSN# but yet not authorize to work.

Comment

Working...
              X