Please respond to my I-130 question Thanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please respond to my I-130 question Thanks

I got married to my wife October of 2001, we submitted our paper work for change of status on November 2001 the estimated processing time on my receipt says 10 months. It has been more than a year and we still don't have an appointment date.
    My attorney spoke to a judge regarding my case that was filed in Miami, and was told that everything was fine that my file was send to the department that gives the interviews on August 28, 2002. How long does it take for INS to contact us? Also I would like to know if I need to retake my medical exam, I took my exam on November 2001 and turned it in with my application at that time. I know that the medicals have validity for only a year, does that mean I have to take another one and re-submitted to INS?

I got married to my wife October of 2001, we submitted our paper work for change of status on November 2001 the estimated processing time on my receipt says 10 months. It has been more than a year and we still don't have an appointment date.
    My attorney spoke to a judge regarding my case that was filed in Miami, and was told that everything was fine that my file was send to the department that gives the interviews on August 28, 2002. How long does it take for INS to contact us? Also I would like to know if I need to retake my medical exam, I took my exam on November 2001 and turned it in with my application at that time. I know that the medicals have validity for only a year, does that mean I have to take another one and re-submitted to INS?

Comment

Why would your attorney speak with judge?

Comment

Attorneys have certain dates when requested by them that they can go and talk to an INS officer to talk about. I think it's 3 to 4 cases at a time. I am not sure if it was an officer or a judge I just know he spoke to someone.

Comment

you married to US Citizen?
          did you or your attorney receive Receipt Notice / Approval Notice from INS?

Comment

Yes she is a US Citizen and I do have a receipt notice I have tried doing an online case status but nithing pops up, I have even called INS customer service and they tell me that the local office is the only one that can help me.

Comment

it's way too long. you definitely need to follow up. I would suggest to ask your lawyer submit letter to INS requiring for official response. good luck

Comment

thanks I think I will do that.

Comment

Working...
                X