Removing conditional residential status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing conditional residential status

Would you please help to let me know what could hapen if I sent my application to INS a year ago and it's going to expire soon? I sent them a letter 2 months ago and haven't heard from them. Am I ilegal after it expires? what if I need to travel? I live in Washington and married an american since 4 years ago...
    Any help, please!
    Thank you very much

Would you please help to let me know what could hapen if I sent my application to INS a year ago and it's going to expire soon? I sent them a letter 2 months ago and haven't heard from them. Am I ilegal after it expires? what if I need to travel? I live in Washington and married an american since 4 years ago...
    Any help, please!
    Thank you very much

Comment

Do you mean that you submit your removal of conditional status A YEAR AGO? You cannot submit so early. The earliest is about 4 months before its expired. When is your conditional status date due?

Comment

Thank you somuch for writing to me!
        I had a permanent resident card that expired on 08/21/02. INS sent me a document saying:
        "Your alien card is extended one year - employement and travel aithirized. Processing your form will require a minimum of 6 months. If you have not heard from us in 8 months, then you might contact this office."
        So I sent them a letter 2 months ago, concerning my case. I tried to call them, but the call never went through.
        What can I do?
        What if I need to travel out of the country?
        Thank you very much for your help.
        Have a very good day!
        Veronica.

Comment

Veronica your one year will expire 08/23/03.

If you take that notice of extension to any BCIS office, I think they will give you another year extension. They will stamp your passport.

Comment

Working...
          X