Olympic athelete:question about re-entering USA on non-immigrant visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic athelete:question about re-entering USA on non-immigrant visa

I lived in the united states illegally from the age of 8-18. However i left it to become a permanent resident in Canada Now i am 20 and will get my citizenship here in Canada in 1 year. I need to travel to the united states now for just 4 days for a international martial arts tournament. When i lived in the USA i became a national champion and 3 time maryland state champion. All this when i was illegal. However the law says that minors age of 18 and under are an exception to the rule and are not considered illegal until they become older than 18. I left America when i turned 18 to come to Canada. However do you think it will be possible for them to just let me reenter for 4 days? I have booked an appointment here in toronto with the US consulate. I will definitely be coming back to Toronto, Canada for i have two jobs here and am a full time university student. I still have 3 more years left of university so they definitly have no reason to suspect that i will stay in USA. Plus i was 18 and younger when i lived there illegally and then left at age 18. I didnt live there illegally due to my own free will. The tournament is Oct 16-19. My interview with US consulate is september 23 an di definitely will have all the documents to show my ties to canada. But i also have to say the truth that i lived there illegally which they also will see on my landed immigrant paper that i entered Canada legally through the US border. So is there any chance they will let me reenter? I am trying to make the Canadian olympic team and need to compete at this tournament in Texas to make my chances greater to make the olympics. Please if someone can help me i would really appreciate it. My dreams are at stake here. Thank you

I lived in the united states illegally from the age of 8-18. However i left it to become a permanent resident in Canada Now i am 20 and will get my citizenship here in Canada in 1 year. I need to travel to the united states now for just 4 days for a international martial arts tournament. When i lived in the USA i became a national champion and 3 time maryland state champion. All this when i was illegal. However the law says that minors age of 18 and under are an exception to the rule and are not considered illegal until they become older than 18. I left America when i turned 18 to come to Canada. However do you think it will be possible for them to just let me reenter for 4 days? I have booked an appointment here in toronto with the US consulate. I will definitely be coming back to Toronto, Canada for i have two jobs here and am a full time university student. I still have 3 more years left of university so they definitly have no reason to suspect that i will stay in USA. Plus i was 18 and younger when i lived there illegally and then left at age 18. I didnt live there illegally due to my own free will. The tournament is Oct 16-19. My interview with US consulate is september 23 an di definitely will have all the documents to show my ties to canada. But i also have to say the truth that i lived there illegally which they also will see on my landed immigrant paper that i entered Canada legally through the US border. So is there any chance they will let me reenter? I am trying to make the Canadian olympic team and need to compete at this tournament in Texas to make my chances greater to make the olympics. Please if someone can help me i would really appreciate it. My dreams are at stake here. Thank you

Comment

can someone PLEASE reply to me about my situation. If i lived there 240 days illegally instead of 180 because my paperwork for canada would allow me to leave in december instead of october. Can i not be bared for 3 years and can they make an exception because i was finishing my senior year of highschool and i was doing it fast so i could finish in december and get out of there instead of in april the next year.Can they make the exception to that bar? I only need to go for 4 days to comepete

Comment

Dear Saad,

Please check your e-mail in box. I sent you a reply earlier this morning.

Comment

Thank you very much Andrew. I did receive it. My only question is if i have gone over 180days by 2 months because i was trying to finish my senior year of highschool in 4 months by december instread of in april, and that plus Canada not allowing me to enter till December caused me to live there illegally for 240 days instead of 180 days. My birthday is in april so i did not want to stay till i turned 19. thus left at the earliest i could in december.Do u think they would still bar me for 3 years or can i present a good case and how can i sir? I have ties to canada for sure. Sir i do not have the money for a more in depth consultation for i am trying to save it up so i can go to the United States for this tournament. And on top of that they'd like to see my itiniery and tickets when i go for the interview which means if i am denied i lose that money too. If you could please still help me i would really appreciate it. And if not thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Comment

Working...
          X