Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this pose as an impedance to Naturalization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this pose as an impedance to Naturalization?

Pretty soon I am going to be gearing up to naturalize. However, I would like to know if what I am about to describe will be an impedance to the process. Sometime ago, I was dating a lady, and while doing so, I sent her many gifts, e.g. flowers. At some point in time, she became fed up with my gestures, wanted to end our relationship, and decided to tell the police I was stalking her. The police came to my door to inquire further and realized that her complaint was nothing but a farce. The officer stated he was not even going to make a case out of this and scrap the complaint. So my question is will this come back to haunt me during the naturalization process? Should I be worried? Anyone's advice and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pretty soon I am going to be gearing up to naturalize. However, I would like to know if what I am about to describe will be an impedance to the process. Sometime ago, I was dating a lady, and while doing so, I sent her many gifts, e.g. flowers. At some point in time, she became fed up with my gestures, wanted to end our relationship, and decided to tell the police I was stalking her. The police came to my door to inquire further and realized that her complaint was nothing but a farce. The officer stated he was not even going to make a case out of this and scrap the complaint. So my question is will this come back to haunt me during the naturalization process? Should I be worried? Anyone's advice and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

No arrest - no problem. You need not to mention it anywhere.

Comment

during the questioning you may have been considered "detained", you need to find out exactly what was happening lawfully and what the laws in your state are. I would disclose this experience to the INS, as they MAY have documents on it. It all depends what kind of police (local, county, state, federal such as military?)was serving you with and with what? (was it just a questioning or where you actually being served a "restraining order"?)

And if you were formally charged (and then later the charges dropped by the officer without you ever being involved) or what exactly happened. I don't think the incident by itself is a problem if you were never in a court and had to plea for it, but giving the wrong answers during your naturalization could invite problems and be costly (denial of N-400) etc.

good luck!

Comment

There is something that you can get from either the police or the court that shows if you had any problems with the law. Just to make sure the police officer didn't put it in the computer and at the maine time didn't charge you.
          My advice to you is not lie in your N-400, if God forbiden it shows in the FBI file that you have been detained, your file will be denied, and you'r gonna have to wait an other 5 years for good moral character.
          The way you explained it won't hurt you front of the INS officer, in other hand, it will show how truthful you are since there was no harme.

But if I was you, I will consult with a lawyer for few bucks, and will make you safe. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X