Bar to Naturalization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar to Naturalization?

I've been a LPR for 20 years and I want to file for citizenship. If I answer yes to Part 10, Question 10 (Have you EVER advocated the overthrow of any government by force or violence?), can I still become a citizen? (I won't lie on the form, I'll just stay LPR like I am now)

I was fought for the independence of my home country 30 years ago, against a European colonial government. I left when the larger, communist rebel group took power. My group never commited any persecutions or atrocities. Since I arrived in the US, I have only been in trouble with the law once, for a traffic violation.

Can I become a citizen?

I've been a LPR for 20 years and I want to file for citizenship. If I answer yes to Part 10, Question 10 (Have you EVER advocated the overthrow of any government by force or violence?), can I still become a citizen? (I won't lie on the form, I'll just stay LPR like I am now)

I was fought for the independence of my home country 30 years ago, against a European colonial government. I left when the larger, communist rebel group took power. My group never commited any persecutions or atrocities. Since I arrived in the US, I have only been in trouble with the law once, for a traffic violation.

Can I become a citizen?

Comment

Working...
    X