765 delay! Any help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 765 delay! Any help?

Does anyone out there know how to speed up a I-765 application? My husband is here on K-3 visa since April 29, 2002 and we filed for work visa the next day. Notice says taked 30-90 days. Still no visa and no way to check since Missouri center has no live people on phones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Read on INS site that if EAD is not approved nor denied in 90 days you could take your NOA to local office to get temp green card. Tried this but KC office basically told us too bad and be patient.

Does anyone out there know how to speed up a I-765 application? My husband is here on K-3 visa since April 29, 2002 and we filed for work visa the next day. Notice says taked 30-90 days. Still no visa and no way to check since Missouri center has no live people on phones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Read on INS site that if EAD is not approved nor denied in 90 days you could take your NOA to local office to get temp green card. Tried this but KC office basically told us too bad and be patient.

Comment

90 days after notice day on receipt (not 90 days after you sent it in) you can go to INS with receipt notice from INS, and if you have a cancelled check, that may help too. Your husband will not get a temporary green card, but an EAD.

Comment

It has been almost 120 days since date on NOA. We have already taken it to INS office and they told us too bad. On INS site it DOES say that a temp EAD is available if it has been over 90 days with no action. I did my homework but got no results.

Comment

Get a copy of the complaint form on the INS web site. Go to forms page. The name of the person who said "Too Bad" would be helpful.

Government employees are not allowed to act like that. I used to be a govt. employee. It was against policy to be rude even if the customer was rude... grounds for diciplinary action.
          That person should have looked in the computer and told you if there was a problem or given you an idea of how much longer it might take.

Or..... Your state representative will do an inquiry for you. Your EAD is long over due.
          Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

Comment

Working...
          X