Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job chang for EB1-OR

Hi,

My I-485 application based on EB1-OR category (outstanding researcher) was submitted to BCIS about 12 months ago (my I-140 already approved), and now my case is still pending. According to 180-day rule, now I can change job freely. It's known that EB1-OR application based on a permanent job. My question is: If I change to a new job which similar to my current job, but not a permanent job (such as postdoctoral researcher), do you think this will jeopardize my EB1-OR application?

Any kind help and suggestion will be highly appreciated!

Peter

Hi,

My I-485 application based on EB1-OR category (outstanding researcher) was submitted to BCIS about 12 months ago (my I-140 already approved), and now my case is still pending. According to 180-day rule, now I can change job freely. It's known that EB1-OR application based on a permanent job. My question is: If I change to a new job which similar to my current job, but not a permanent job (such as postdoctoral researcher), do you think this will jeopardize my EB1-OR application?

Any kind help and suggestion will be highly appreciated!

Peter

Comment

It might. Usually, the new job must be very similar to the job for which you had your I-140 OR approved. You may want to speak with an attorney about this, since the rules are sometimes very difficult to interpret and some can even be interpreted in a thousand different ways.

Comment

Working...
      X