USC MARRYING ILLEGAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC MARRYING ILLEGAL

I need help based on similar experiences. Here's my story - My boyfriend and I will be getting married soon (after a 3 year courtship). I am a USC and he is here illegally; We both reside in Los Angeles, CA. Two years ago my boyfriend filed under 245(i)petitioned by his stepmom. So far he's heard nothing.

Since we will be married soon, what can I do to speed up the legalization process? Is there an amendment process to his initial 245(i) petition or should/could we start from scratch? If we do start from scratch, what forms do I need to start off with and how long is the process? We are looking to do this ourselves since we can't afford a lawyer, and we are researching all available resources. Any advice is greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of a free legal service in my area, please let us know.

Thanks!!!

I need help based on similar experiences. Here's my story - My boyfriend and I will be getting married soon (after a 3 year courtship). I am a USC and he is here illegally; We both reside in Los Angeles, CA. Two years ago my boyfriend filed under 245(i)petitioned by his stepmom. So far he's heard nothing.

Since we will be married soon, what can I do to speed up the legalization process? Is there an amendment process to his initial 245(i) petition or should/could we start from scratch? If we do start from scratch, what forms do I need to start off with and how long is the process? We are looking to do this ourselves since we can't afford a lawyer, and we are researching all available resources. Any advice is greatly appreciated. If anyone knows of a free legal service in my area, please let us know.

Thanks!!!

Comment

No.

Comment

This is my point. Why do you not delete this type of message, as posted above, if you can delete the ones that suggest of going to some other board that has a moderator that will watch over and guard their people?

Well then, here goes....Want questions answered without insult or judgement, go to:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigration

good luck

Comment

Is he a Visa overstay?

Comment

Working...
          X