Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deportation and Canada

Greetings Friends

Well, I just thought I'd throw this question out here quick, since we seem to have come to the end of our rope and I don't know what else to do.

Will the fact that my fiance is being deported affect our chances of being able to live in Canada?

Also, would it be better to marry him now and then apply to Canada with him as my dependent, or would it be better to go to Canada single, then marry him and send for him?

If anyone has any knowledge or info of a similar situation, I would be extremely grateful if you could share it.

Sorry I've been so out of touch everyone. It's not by choice. And I know we'll all be busy voting on Tuesday

Greetings Friends

Well, I just thought I'd throw this question out here quick, since we seem to have come to the end of our rope and I don't know what else to do.

Will the fact that my fiance is being deported affect our chances of being able to live in Canada?

Also, would it be better to marry him now and then apply to Canada with him as my dependent, or would it be better to go to Canada single, then marry him and send for him?

If anyone has any knowledge or info of a similar situation, I would be extremely grateful if you could share it.

Sorry I've been so out of touch everyone. It's not by choice. And I know we'll all be busy voting on Tuesday

Comment

Hi Juju,

Well, just a thought here...I think the sonest you marry him the better..this will add up to your
      history together and will make the marriage look
      really real and just to get him out of his problems...
      Did you try to take his file to yr congressman ??
      these guys help sometimes...
      One last thing, I really do hope he realizes how
      much you love him and loves you back as much as you do...
      Wish you good luck to both of you

Comment

Thanks

I have been writing to my congressmen, but perhaps I need to try a more personal approach, and ask for specific help with my case, instead of addressing the laws. It can't hurt at this point.

juju

Comment

Hang in there, Juju!! You'll be alright!

Comment

LaDiRecife,
            Are you from Brazil? My fiance is a resident there, and I am looking into teaching jobs there.

jj

PS-Thanks for the words of encouragement

Comment

Yes, I am!
              Hope you like Brazil! I am in CA (S.F. area) for company training and I'll be returning home next February.
              Let me know If I can be of any help!
              Take care!

Comment

Hi. I agree with . Marry him as soon as you can. You have much more claim to him (and a lot more responsibility toward him) once you are married. I don't know much about laws here or in Canada, but as your husband he will have more of a chance. In fact if it is as I think it is, if you get a work visa, as your husband, he may very well be included under that visa.

Although I believe that with the right presentation Canada should be completely possible.... you may want to consider Europe as a back up plan or you may want to consider Chile in South America... (just because you it is always better to have some sort of a back up plan.) But I am sure that Canada will work out fine!!!

Anyway, please keep us up to date!

Comment

LaDiRecife, spouse, and

Thanks for all your help! I think you people are keeping me sane!

LaDi, actually, I do have a question maybe you could help me with. I am going to Brazil on December 20th (Foz de Iguazu), and Bilal and I wanted to get married while I was down there. But I have been reading that it's not like it is here, and that I would have to send all of my documents to proper authorities in Brazil to have them translated. I was wondering if I could do that here through a visa service company. Also, I've read that you have to stay for up to two months in Brazil waiting for your papers to get finalized, etc. Is this true? Any ideas on where I could start the process or with whom I could speak in order to get some answers. I really do appreciate it!!! (By the way, I only have two weeks to spend in Brazil

How do you like Recife? It seems to be some sort of playground for the rich, from what I've seen on travel shows, and that is not my style. But there is an American elementary school there that I was going to send my resume to...

Thanks tons everyone! I'm so glad I have you to turn to!

juju

Comment

eH juju,
                    just an idea...why don't you mary him before he goes to Brazil if you think that it is a real
                    headache to get married there ?
                    He is in detention doesn't he ? Is it forbidden by any law to get married there ? Or do it in his birth country when he got will get released ...
                    this sound maybe ridiculous lol but it was an idea...
                    and I agree with spouse about trying another country if canada doe not work..but again I do not see why canada would not work...did you check with a lawyer about this option ?? and you should believe in yr lawyer if you want to get some results otherwise do not hier one...once you get one just be very honest and direct with him..before signing any contract ask him first and before anything else about yours chances...if he is hesitant let him down then and look for someone else..a good lawyer is not only the most expensive one it is also the one who can tell you about your chances ..is it worth spending yr money efforts or no...
                    good luck juju..you will be fine i am sure..you are a fighter..and a fighter who believe in his cause will always see the light at the end of the tunnel...again it is a matter of believing in yr cause or not...
                    Best luck

Comment

Dear Juju
                      I am in contact with an attorney in Foz do Iguacu, Brazil and I mentioned about your marriage. I'm waiting for answers. Unfortunately he speaks only Portuguese.
                      I've been doing an extensive research regarding ESL schools in Brazil in the last 2 yrs or so and I have great news about it. Would you give me an e-mail address where I could talk to you as I'll be glad to answer all the questions in your last message.
                      Take Care!
                      Lady Recife

Comment

Lady Recife
                        You are bringing hope to my sad eyes!
                        I am usually able to communicate (in writing atleast) in Spanish with those who speak Portuguese, if he is willing to try it!

You can email me at juju@deliveryman.com
                        Recife, I shall be forever in your debt!!! Really, really, really I shall!

To the question about marrying him here - Well, the INS *standards* say that they are supposed to let me marry him here, unless they think it would be only to delay his deportation process - which it wouldn't, but they are very overcrowded and busy there, and it's impossible to do anything. They make even a simple phone call extremely difficult, and they are very rude every time I call They will not even tell me how to visit him or send him clothing for the trip home, much less arrange a marriage. But I'm working on it.

I am reading that it will be very hard to get residency in Canada with him as my dependent now with the deportation stigma. Some are saying that I should go there alone first and marry him after I am established there - or marry him now and send for him after I am established there. But there is a very good chance that they will still deny him - and then I will be there alone. I think the not knowing alone would be enough to kill me. I think I will try to marry him asap and then apply to Canada with him as my dependent. If they are going to reject him, let them do it while I am still here. It's all so confusing My head is spinning.

Un millon de gracias a todos! I love you people

PS- If there is anything I can do for anyone, please let me know!

Comment

Have you looked into getting a work visa to Canada that would allow you to bring in your husband (not necessarily as a dependent)?

Also, FYI someone that has a student visa to Ireland is allowed to work part time as well... if you could find a way to get yourself there, I am sure you could get Bilal in as well.

Comment

Juju, I hope I can offer more help such as law related, but I can offer your something big for sure... my prayers! Remember prayer can move mountain.

Just a thought, it would be better if you marry bilal here, write to your congressman or senator, your plans of marrying him before they send him back to his home country, it's a good indication that you are marrying him in good faith, no matter what. The only reason I can think of if whey they don't allow you to marry him here is he may be eligible for the fraud waiver (available on for spouse and children of US Citizens or LPR.

Afriend

Canada, please free up your mind, God has always something special for us. I still believe that God is planning somewhere here in the US for you so you can stay closer with your family especially your daughter. Yes, there is a question regarding deportation or removal for dependendts, but there is also a space to provide an explanation. I'm sure that you can live there together. If you are planning to move to Canada, you should submit the application now, since this will take a whole year process.

Comment

Juju,

Try the site below, may be it could shine some light on you. Have you tried contacting a Candadian Immigration laywer?

God bless you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/rehabil.html

Comment

Working...
                              X