Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a certified copy or a photocopy of marriage certificate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a certified copy or a photocopy of marriage certificate?

Does anybody know - should I send certified copy of my marriage certificate or a photocopy instead alongwith AOS papers?

Does anybody know - should I send certified copy of my marriage certificate or a photocopy instead alongwith AOS papers?

Comment

you can just send a photo copy, they'll just ask to see the original at your interview

Comment

I would recommend certified... if they do not accept the copy it will considerably delay your application.

http://www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

The GUEST is right!
          Send just photo copy -the original U will bring it up to an interview.
          I did this way & it's OK.
          GOOD LUCK!

Comment

The INS website says you don't need certified any more.

Comment

I filed the petition for Sarah and myself.

Can someone please explain if the things on the list that I have to get her need certified.

and for example:

1. Does she need my certified Divorce Decree. She has never been married?

2. and how would I notorize a tax form???

3. the site says one year present tax return. But many people on site say last three years. I sent one do you think i'm ok?

God bless you all for any help on these issues

Comment

Graham--
                which form are you talking about? The affidavit of support you need copies of the last 3 tax years, and the form needs to be signed in front of a notary, but you shouldn't need to get any copies notarized anymore. You just send copies, bring the originals to the interview, and they will check them then

you don't need a divorce decree if you have never been married

Comment

Working...
                X