Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Singapore gal American guy - K1 or I130 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore gal American guy - K1 or I130 ?

would appreciate any advice on which route is better and less time consuimg - K1 or I130 ?

also, a few Qs:
    K1 route
    Q1 - while awaiting AOS, can I enrol for post grad studies? and in so doing, would I be eligible to paying non-international tuition fees?

I130 route
    Q2 - being a very lengthy process, would I be allowed to travel into USA while awaiting approval in home country? for personal and business purposes? singapore is on the VWPP.

Q3 - assuming approval is given. does it mean that if I finally uproot and relocate to USA after having been amrried for 2 years or more, that the Green Card issued will be a 10-year GC?

Similar case studies
    Q4 - could only manage to find one similar case study. are there more out there? appreciate any assistance in links or private emails of your personal experience to yellowearth@email.com.

many thanks to one and all for your info. this is a great platform!

would appreciate any advice on which route is better and less time consuimg - K1 or I130 ?

also, a few Qs:
    K1 route
    Q1 - while awaiting AOS, can I enrol for post grad studies? and in so doing, would I be eligible to paying non-international tuition fees?

I130 route
    Q2 - being a very lengthy process, would I be allowed to travel into USA while awaiting approval in home country? for personal and business purposes? singapore is on the VWPP.

Q3 - assuming approval is given. does it mean that if I finally uproot and relocate to USA after having been amrried for 2 years or more, that the Green Card issued will be a 10-year GC?

Similar case studies
    Q4 - could only manage to find one similar case study. are there more out there? appreciate any assistance in links or private emails of your personal experience to yellowearth@email.com.

many thanks to one and all for your info. this is a great platform!

Comment

My opinion to your answers
      Q1. You can't enter the US on a student visa. It's a non-immigration visa so technically you can't have an intention to remain here permanently--in short, you won't get your F1 approval.

Q2. According to what I read on US embassy in London website, you can't use a visa waiver once you are a beneficiary of immigration petition. You have to apply for a visa.

Q3. Once you have married for over 2 years you are granted permanent residency not a conditional permant resident.

Q4. Did you check K1.exit.com or kamya.com
      They got good stuff there.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X