Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about I-134 For K1 (Fiance Visa)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about I-134 For K1 (Fiance Visa)

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to know, is there a Poverty Guideline for people who file I-134 Affadavit of Suppoort for there Fiances? I am filling mines and my mother is my Co-Sponsor. But I wanted to know are there any Poverty Guide lines for K1 Fileing? Becuase in the Form it does not mention anything about it like the I-864 does. So if Some one could give me a reply back. Thanks
    Vpatel

Hello everyone,
    I wanted to know, is there a Poverty Guideline for people who file I-134 Affadavit of Suppoort for there Fiances? I am filling mines and my mother is my Co-Sponsor. But I wanted to know are there any Poverty Guide lines for K1 Fileing? Becuase in the Form it does not mention anything about it like the I-864 does. So if Some one could give me a reply back. Thanks
    Vpatel

Comment

Hi V. Yes the poverty guidelines apply the same to the 1-134 the same as the 1-864. There is a difference in law in the forms, I believe the 1-864 is the only form that they have legal recourse to come after you for repayment if so needed. The poverty guidelines are below.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics...upp.htm#poverty

Comment

Thanks Julie
        One more Question. Do I need to send my US Citizen Certificate and my moms also. My dad is also going to be a co-sponsor and he is not a US Citizen so should I send his copy of his green card. And Should I tell my Fieance to hold on to them so if they do ask for proof of citizenship or anything of that nature she can show them. And Do I need to get the certificates Notorized?
        Thanks,
        Vpatel

Comment

As far as I know you dont have to be a citizen to sponser. The only requirements is you have sufficient assets to cover the poverty level. If you are requiring a co-sponser, then the amount is 5 times the poverty level in assets. Deed to house, stocks/bonds. You should attach proof of those assets. If its lengthy, perhaps you can draft a letter outlining the attachments. In fact an immigrant I thought could use their own assets as a co-sponser, just not their income to meet this requirmeent.

Comment

Hey Julie,
            In the I-134 form. They just ask for the numbers. But for supporting the Embassy people can look threw my tax papers and also look threw my mom and dad tax papers I will send with my fiance if they want to see more detail on informaiton about loans and stuff since it is all in the tax papers. So here it is, in my family there are 4 people includeing me. And my fieance will make 5. Now my grandmother name is listed at partially dependent. But my grandmother is in India and has moved back. So it will still make 5 people. And My father is self-employed and my mom is also self-employeed with my dad and is also working somewhere else and I work at my college. So I have had my mom fill 2 I-134. One for job she does and one for her self-employment. I have made my dad fill one I-134 since he is self employed and I have filed one for my college job I have. So I think the poverty guideline for 5 people is about 26,925 and if they also still count my grandmother it will be 6 people which is 30,850. ALso I and my sister are dependent on my mom and dad. But since I work at my college and get a W2 I have given all my tax documents for the last 3 years and also listed my college job as my employer in my I-134. So my questions is do you think I will have any problems? I know I have enough support with my mom and dad for income that is above the poverty guide line of 6 people. Please rpely back.
            Thanks
            Vpatel

Comment

So can some one please give me reply to the post I did above in this thread.
              Thanks
              Vpatel
              P.S. Julie I did not under stand what u meant by the amount is 5 times the poverty level with assests. Please explain this to meif you can please. I know I have plenty of assets. Please help. Thanks

Comment

If you are using a co-sponser, then ur co-sponser must have assets equaling 5 times the poverty guidelines for your # of members in your family. ie: guidelines = 20K, then your co-sponser must provide proof of assets of 100K .

Comment

Working...
                X