• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to Mohan ..revoked citizenship

Hi Mohan

Could you please answer if you know :

Can a citizenship be revoked ? A friend of
    mine did not mention his son when he filed
    for green card and again for citizenship...
    the INS found out when he sponsored his wife
    for a greencard.

thank you

Hi Mohan

Could you please answer if you know :

Can a citizenship be revoked ? A friend of
    mine did not mention his son when he filed
    for green card and again for citizenship...
    the INS found out when he sponsored his wife
    for a greencard.

thank you

Comment

Next time you might add: to Mohan and anyoine else or something similar, so the rest of the advisors here won't feel "bad" or just out of respect for the rest.
      Or I may be wrong, it's just my opinion at the moment.

--nothing against you, Mohan--

Comment

ok Mohan or anyone..what about you fyi ????
        thank you alllllll

Comment

YEs , the citizenship accuired on the base of false/misrepresentation documentation can be revoked.

Comment

I pretty sure you're mistaken Mohan! U.S. citizenship can be nullified (by BCIS) or revoked (by a federal judge) if the basis on which it was gained, was (or had not been) established at the time of naturalization AND that fact continues to remain a significant part of the person's ineligibility to citizenship (such as "no good moral character").

In my humble opinion, a person who did not mention his/her child (for whatever reason, I can't think of any!) is not permanantly inegligable to citizenship and that fact would not be of material weight in starting such a significant procedure as revoking someone's U.S. citizenship.

Comment

I guess you misunderstood my answer. If someone aquire citizenship with false documentation. that can be revoked.
              The alien who misrep the false document is not immigrant in the first place. base on that( false docs someone gets his GC and later) if someone aquired the citizenship can be revoked. I have example BIA decision in same senario.

I did not mentioned any thing about not declareing the Son/Daughter Or dependents.

Comment

so what about no mentioning a child when applying for a residency then citizenship ? My friend did not mention his son because he wasn't married to the mother of his son at that time...

thank you

Comment

government agencies and bcis included know why many men dont claim their children; its because they dont want to take financial burden and responsiblility for their own children. BCIS looks strict at that and not paying child support or any civil litagations based on such problems can severely limit an aliens adjustment capabilties or naturalization. Once bcis finds out about the child the burden of proof is with the alien to show that it was in any way otherwise then I just pointed out above!

Comment

THANK YOU GUYS

Comment

Take a look at www.immigration.gov

Comment

Working...
                      X