Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Of Entry

Hello Every body,
    Finally I m graduating tomorrow from my med school in Lithuania.I m all done with 6 long years in the school.Now I m packing my stuff to fly back to United States.
    I have few questions:-
    1----My Conditional Peramanent Resident Card expired in May 2009.But I do have stamp of I-551 in my passport which is Valid till March 2010.I also have I-797 extending my status till March 2010.Are the above documents enough to enter United States?
    2----Does it matter which Port of Entry I use to enter the country?
    Thank you very much to all of u.U guys are awesome.Word!.
    griffins

Hello Every body,
    Finally I m graduating tomorrow from my med school in Lithuania.I m all done with 6 long years in the school.Now I m packing my stuff to fly back to United States.
    I have few questions:-
    1----My Conditional Peramanent Resident Card expired in May 2009.But I do have stamp of I-551 in my passport which is Valid till March 2010.I also have I-797 extending my status till March 2010.Are the above documents enough to enter United States?
    2----Does it matter which Port of Entry I use to enter the country?
    Thank you very much to all of u.U guys are awesome.Word!.
    griffins

Comment

Hi Griffins,

I don't know the answer to your questions, but just wanted to say congratulations on completing medical school. What an accomplishment!

Comment

Any body got some answers to my questions?
        griffins

Comment

Wrong, you are not a legal resident, you need an SB-1 Immigrant Visa. You have lived outside the United States for the past six years. By not living in the U.S. without a Re-Entry Permit you abandoned your residence. You will not be re-admitted to the United States if you allow the inspecting officer at a Port of Entry to know that you were living outside the United States.

Comment

If he has stamp on his passport till March 2010, it means that he was in the US in March 2009 (as normally, USCIS put this stamp for only a year). If this is true, he should be fine at POE.

Comment

My Bad.My Bad.Sorry I didnt mention that I was out of United States only 9 months in total.5 months in 2008..And it will be 4 months from March till July 2009.So I dnt know how USCIS looks at it.Will they consider 9 months absence or 5 in 2008 and 4 months in 2009 absence from the country.What you guys think?
              griffins

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by griffins81:
                My Bad.My Bad.Sorry I didnt mention that I was out of United States only 9 months in total.5 months in 2008..And it will be 4 months from March till July 2009.So I dnt know how USCIS looks at it.Will they consider 9 months absence or 5 in 2008 and 4 months in 2009 absence from the country.What you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would have been Fun To Play with!
                Smarties around!!!
                USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

griffins, you are all covered to return... I see no issues

Comment

Wrong Tak, just coming to the U.S. to visit is not establishing residence. This is quite common for lprs who live outside the U.S. Come to visit once or twice a year. In this case while visiting, he also got a renewal of his I-551 stamp. That does not establish legal residency. In fact, it is fraud, as he claimed when he came through the Port that he was a resident, but in fact was living overseas.

Comment

In fact, I know what he will do, he will lie and say he was outside the U.S. for just a short time. He will not say he was living overseas for the last six years.

Comment

Working...
                      X