publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• Bloggings: ICE Arrests 31 During 2-day Operation In Chicago By Matthew Kolken

Bloggings on Deportation and Removal

by Matthew Kolken

ICE Arrests 31 During 2-day Operation In Chicago

ICE's Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) teams conducted a two-day operation in the greater Chicago area concluding last Sunday that resulted in the arrest of 31 immigrants.  More casualties in the war to deport as many people as humanly possible in an eight year span.

ICE is characterizing the operation as one that targeted criminal aliens, but admits that many of these "criminals" had convictions for illegal reentry to the United States after deportation, a solely immigration related crime.  This is more public relations spin from the administration.  They convict individuals for immigration violations, and then label them as a priority for deportation as a criminal alien.  

Ricardo Wong, field office director for ERO Chicago, issued the following statement:

"ERO officers will continue to work tirelessly to improve the public safety in the Chicago area by locating, apprehending and removing at-large criminal aliens and repeat immigration violators who have blatantly disregarded the immigration laws.  With targeted enforcement operations, we are focusing our resources on the most egregious offenders while improving public safety for law-abiding residents in our communities."

FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

About The Author

Matthew Kolken is a trial lawyer with experience in all aspects of United States Immigration Law including Immigration Courts throughout the United States, and appellate practice before the Board of Immigration Appeals, the U.S. District Courts, and U.S. Courts of Appeals. He is admitted to practice in the courts of the State of New York , the United States District Court for the Western District of New York, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) alone and should not be imputed to ILW.COM.
    Comments 3 Comments
      gamgamcova -
      this election just proves that the people in the united states (including minority voters either can read or don't care. when they finally figure out what they have just voted for they will not know what hit them!
      gamgamcova -
      this election just proves that the people in the united states (including minority voters either cant read or don't care. when they finally figure out what they have just voted for they will not know what hit them!
      star_of_truth -
      You are wrong it’s because we do care. Most people don’t even know what the President has done just what he hasn’t. 4 years is not a lot of time to undo the years it took us to get here. Most people don’t even know the truth about the topics they discuss. I know about immigration I live with the fear of it everyday I am American but my spouse is not and still after almost 9 years I can not afford to do his papers. The lawyers want $20,000 because he has entered illegally 2 times but I am the one that brings him back. I am disabled he takes care of me without him I would probably be in a nursing home. He has seen me through 4 operations 2 being heart. As an American I feel it is my right to have a husband of my choice without having to pay for him no matter his race , color , country love knows none of these.During his last deportation it caused more problems for me health wise .I now have 2 more problems to deal with and more pills to take, more treatment to go through. The hell a person goes through when their love one is taken away is unexplainable. Its like being in a war without a weapon and the helplessness and hopelessness is horrible. It’s a like being under something heavy in a dark hole. Obama gives me hope that someday I may not have to live in fear, he cares about the problems people like me have. To me immigration is the most important issue, I can deal with the anything that comes along as he is here with me.
    Comments Leave Comment

Click here to log in

Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: