50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• News: Gregory White - In Memoriam

Sadly, the EB-5 industry is mourning today the passing of securities attorney Gregory L. White, Esq., of the Boston office of the law firm of Seyfarth Shaw. An seasoned professional, valued common-sense practitioner, good-natured colleague, and personal good friend, Greg was an active participant in the EB-5 space and working hard to improve the industry, in particular through his collaboration with the EB-5 Securities Roundtable. Along with Kurt Reuss and Bob Cornish, I had the satisfaction on the Roundtable’s behalf of presenting its initial draft work product offering improvements to the pending EB-5 integrity legislation to staffers of Senators Grassley and Leahy a couple of weeks ago, which was very well received by the Senate aides; Greg’s voice is prominently reflected in the joint comments and additional ideas making up those proposed improvements. His future contributions may be stilled, now, but his reasonable approach and collaborative spirit will continue to inspire the Roundtable’s ongoing work, going forward. Professionally and personally, he will be deeply missed—although we are all truly blessed to have had the chance to work with him, and laugh with him.

Michael G. Homeier, Esq.
    Homeier & Law, P.C.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

很不幸听到Gregory White 律师上周末去世的消息。White律师是美国知名法律事务所Seyfarth Shaw的合伙人。他是证券法方面的权威,也是我们多年的密切合作伙伴。前几周我们才一起在上海、台北共同举办了EB5会议,White律师作为主讲人之一,受到广大与会听众的喜爱,大家对他的专业知识和为人都非常推崇。美国移民业损失了一位重要的律师,我们也失去了一位好朋友。我们对 Greg 的离去感到十分难过,也深切怀念他。

We are deeply sadden by the news of Attorney Gregory White's passing this past weekend. Attorney White was a partner of Seyfarth Shaw, a well-known American law firm, an authority on securities laws, and a friend for years. We have just been speakers together about two weeks ago in Shanghai and Taipei. As one of the speakers, the audience loved and respected Greg for his expertise and integrity. The field of U.S. Immigration law has just lost an important voice and we have lost a dear friend. Greg will be missed dearly.

Tao Lin
    TLA Law

I was greatly saddened to hear of the untimely loss of Greg White. On a personal level, I had gotten to know Greg these last several years at conferences and as a contributing author to the EB-5 Book of which I am editor. Greg was truly an unassuming pillar of the EB-5 community. A paramount securities lawyer, he spent a great deal of his time helping clients engage in the EB-5 program at the highest levels of professionalism. Against the backdrop of the many recent securities law scandals, and the coming regulatory and legislative changes on the horizon, the importance of his work and leadership cannot be overstated. His absence will leave the community without one of its greatest resources.

Matt Gordon
    Chief Executive Officer, E3 Investment Group
    Co-Editor, THE EB5 BOOK

We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Greg White. Greg was a truly exceptional lawyer, a dear friend, and a valued expert in the EB-5 community. We extend our most sincere condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues. We will miss him so much.

Extell New York Regional Center

Greg will be greatly missed by IIUSA and the entire EB-5 community. His contributions to the trade association including authoring articles, presenting at conferences and serving on committees reflected his selfless nature and dedication to the betterment of the EB-5 industry.

Peter Joseph
    Executive Director
    IIUSA

Greg White was a force for EB5 investors, his interest in compliance and overhaul of EB5 was second to none. He will be sorely missed in the EB5 community.

Patrick Harvey
    CEO LIGTT RC

Comments 2 Comments
      Gary Friedland -
      I enjoyed many friendly debates with Greg. We appreciate his intelligence, friendly manner and sense of humor. I will remember him as a staunch advocate for EB-5 reform and a thought leader in the industry. I extend my heartfelt sympathy to the White family and his colleagues at Seyfarth Shaw.

Gary Friedland
      NYU Stern School of Business
      pattari@gmail.com -
      The EB-5 industry has lost one of its brightest thought leaders and legal experts. Greg White was an intellectual with down-to-earth sensibilities and an innate sense of what is right. He was a tireless advocate for improving industry-wide practices not only in terms of compliance with securities laws but more generally regarding the fair treatment of immigrant investors.

Greg White’s passing is a sad loss, not only for everyone who knew him, but for the industry as a whole. He will be missed.

Peyman Attari
      AISA Investment Advisers
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: