Connect to us

Make us Homepage

The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

• Article: Children in Immigration Court: Over 95 Percent Represented by an Attorney Appear in Court. By American Immigration Council

Children in Immigration Court: Over 95 Percent Represented by an Attorney Appear in Court

If you are having difficulty viewing this document please click here.

This post originally appeared on American Immigration Council. Copyright American Immigration Council. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted with permission.

About The Author

American Immigration Council mission is to shape a rational conversation on immigration and immigrant integration. Through its research and analysis, we provide policymakers, the media, and the general public with accurate information about the role of immigrants and immigration policy on U.S. society. Our reports and materials are widely disseminated and relied upon by press and policy makers. Our staff regularly serves as experts to leaders on Capitol Hill, opinion-makers and the media. Formed in 2003, we are a non-partisan organization that neither supports nor opposes any political party or candidate for office.

The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.

Comments 1 Comment
      Nolan Rappaport -
      I think children should should be represented by attorneys in removal proceedings, but with the country closing in on a national debt of $20 trillions, I don't want to pay for it. My solution is to expand the Recognition and Accreditation program to provide them with trained laymen for their hearings. https://www.justice.gov/eoir/recogni...roster-reports Bear in mind that if they are just fleeing crime and violence, they are not eligible for asylum, which realistically is the only relief available to them. Asylum eligibility requires showing a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. The main purpose of representation would be to ensure that they receive due process and their claims for relief are fully and fairly developed at their hearings. I want the ones who do have legitimate claims to get relief.
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: