free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• March 7 - Defending H-1B

Comment: Defending H-1B
    Today's Immigration Daily carries various items of interest, including an article examining the current attacks on the H1-B visa program; and an article on the unintended consequences of Obama's executive discretion if Trump becomes president. Also read a blog in response to the claim that toddlers can represent themselves in court.

Share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com

Article: Senator Grassley "Hacks" The H-1B Visa For Foreign Entrepreneurs. By Cyrus Mehta

Article: President Obama's use of executive discretion could have unintended consequences if Donald Trump becomes our next president. By Nolan Rappaport

Article: What Is The Point Of Dual Intent IF You Must Still Show Temporary Intent? By Joseph P. Whalen

Blogging: Former Immigration Judge Responds: No Toddlers Can't Represent Themselves in Court. By Matthew Kolken

Blogging: Immigrant of the Day: Julia Smolyansky - Activist and Entrepreneur. By Greg Siskind

Blogging: Which Laws Prohibiting Torture of Foreign Citizens Does Trump Oppose? By Roger Algase

News: USCIS Updates FY2016 Cap Count for H-2B Nonimmigrants

News: USCIS Academy Training Center Opening at FLETC - Charleston Campus

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition
    ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition, coming soon!

Editor: TBD

Book Outline is as follows:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Part I. I-140 Introduction
    Chapter One: Editor's Introduction
    Chapter Two: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts by Kristen Quan Hammill

Part II. I-140 by Herbert A. Weiss
    Chapter One: Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process
    Chapter Two: The Scope of Agency Authority
    Chapter Three: The Job Offer Requirement
    Chapter Four: The Immigration Act of 1990
    Chapter Five: The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability
    Chapter Six: The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher
    Chapter Seven: The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive
    Chapter Eight: The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability
    Chapter Nine: The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
    Chapter Ten: The I-140 Form
    Chapter Eleven: The Standard of Evidence
    Chapter Twelve: Priority Dates
    Chapter Thirteen: Filing Multiple Petitions
    Chapter Fourteen: Successors in Interest
    Chapter Fifteen: Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage
    Chapter Sixteen: Portability
    Chapter Seventeen: Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar
    Chapter Eighteen: Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions
    Chapter Nineteen: A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

Headline: How immigration makes Switzerland the world's most inventive nation Click here
    Headline: Washington must resist Europe's pressure over Visa Waiver Program - TheHill Click here
    Headline: Letter: The history of immigration Click here
    Headline: Students work to expand understanding of immigration Click here
    Headline: Trump building financed by Chinese for immigrant visas. Click here
    Headline: Following money, Feds try to round up networks of immigrant smugglers on border Click here
    Headline: Wisconsin immigration activists vow to fight for local IDs Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    New York, NY - The New York office of Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, a global law firm with 44 offices, in 21 countries, seeks a paralegal to provide legal and administrative support in employment-based immigration matters. Academic and Professional Qualifications Include: A four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program required; At least 4 years of experience working with non-immigrant visa petitions (H-1B, L-1, TN, E, O-1 and others) and permanent residency processes (including PERM, I-140 and Adjustment of Status); Possesses strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment; Proficient knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office required; Experience with an immigration tracking system desired. Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To: Assisting attorneys in document review and all aspects of case preparation; Draft petition forms and support letters; Correspond with clients and government officials under attorney supervision; Manage document collection, deadlines, and case tracking. We offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative work environment. Please apply online here.

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    Troy, Ann Arbor and Detroit, MI - Ellis Porter, a boutique immigration law firm with offices in Troy, Ann Arbor and Detroit, MI is seeking an experienced Business Immigration Case Manager (Paralegal) to join our team. We are looking for individuals with at least 1 year experience working in the business immigration field who are familiar with H-1Bs, L-1s, I-140s, I-485s and PERM applications. If you have excellent communication skills, a positive, professional attitude and you take your work (but not yourself) seriously, Ellis Porter is the place for you! Ellis Porter offers a fun work environment and a chance to be a part of a fast growing immigration law firm with an exciting mission. We offer a competitive salary, health care benefits, retirement savings plan, flexible schedules, casual attire, and lots free food and office field trips. Please send resume and cover letter to Marc Topoleski (marc.topoleski@ellisporter.com).

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
    March 18, 2016, 10am - 11:30am (Pacific), Los Angeles, CA. The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) will hold a stakeholder meeting to discuss the work of EOIR and the Los Angeles Immigration Court. EOIR also invites those interested in attending to submit questions in advance for discussion during the meeting. Location: 300 N. Los Angeles St., Room 8529, Los Angeles, CA 90012. To RSVP and submit questions for the meeting, please contact Nathan Berkeley, EOIR Outreach Director, at EngageWithEOIR@usdoj.gov by noon on Wednesday, March 9, 2016. In person attendance will be limited to the first sixty (60) individuals to RSVP. For more information see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2016 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: