free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• February 15 - Immigration News on Your Website

Comment: Immigration News on Your Website
    Want to provide your web site with frequently updated material and make available the most recent immigration news for your visitors? You can display the latest ILW.COM daily immigration headlines on your web page--and they'll be automatically updated every time the stories change, with no action needed on your part! Dozens of law firms and other websites are already using Immigration Daily headlines to keep their homepage fresh and interesting. Headlines change each weekday. It is free and effortless to put Immigration Daily headlines on your website. To find out how, see here.

Article: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. By Li Tian and Edward C. Corrigan

Article: Supreme Court composition and prospects of US v. Texas after Justice Scalia. By Alan Lee, Esq.

Article: H1-B Annual Caps: Your Client's Degree, Job, and Visa Status. By Sheila Danzig

Blogging: Leading Voice for the Undocumented Youth Issues Statement to Hillary Clinton. By Matthew Kolken

News: CRS Report on Temporary Professional, Managerial, and Skilled Foreign Workers: Policy and Trends

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition
    ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition, coming soon!

Editor: TBD

Book Outline is as follows:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Part I. I-140 Introduction
    Chapter One: Editor's Introduction
    Chapter Two: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts by Kristen Quan Hammill

Part II. I-140 by Herbert A. Weiss
    Chapter One: Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process
    Chapter Two: The Scope of Agency Authority
    Chapter Three: The Job Offer Requirement
    Chapter Four: The Immigration Act of 1990
    Chapter Five: The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability
    Chapter Six: The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher
    Chapter Seven: The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive
    Chapter Eight: The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability
    Chapter Nine: The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
    Chapter Ten: The I-140 Form
    Chapter Eleven: The Standard of Evidence
    Chapter Twelve: Priority Dates
    Chapter Thirteen: Filing Multiple Petitions
    Chapter Fourteen: Successors in Interest
    Chapter Fifteen: Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage
    Chapter Sixteen: Portability
    Chapter Seventeen: Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar
    Chapter Eighteen: Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions
    Chapter Nineteen: A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

Headline: A tale of two hypocrites on immigration: Ted "The-Asshole" Cruz vs Marco "Flip-Flopper" Rubio Click here
    Headline: Rubio challenges Cruz on immigration, says he doesn't speak Spanish Click here
    Headline: Scalia's Death Fuels Uncertainty on Immigration Case Click here
    Headline: Immigration lawyer's plan to help client leads to prison Click here
    Headline: Ted Cruz on immigration: How his views have shifted Click here

Help Wanted: Associate Attorney
    New York & London - Goldstein & Lee P.C. with offices in New York & London is seeking a New York associate attorney with three to five years' experience exclusively in Business Immigration with emphasis on E,I, and H petitions & applications. Experience in preparing PERM applications required. Preference for candidate with consular experience with emphasis on ineligibilities and waivers. Must be highly organized, with strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail. Attorney will also do general consular work on London office matters. Must be admitted to NY bar. Written references required. Send resumes to richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com.

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    New York & London - Goldstein & Lee P.C. with offices in New York & London is seeking an immigration paralegal for New York with two to five years' experience exclusively in Business Immigration with emphasis on E,I, and H petitions & applications. Experience in preparing PERM applications required. Must be highly organized, with strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail. Written references required. Bachelor's degree required. Send resumes to richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    Long Island City, NY - The Law Office of Usman B. Ahmad seeks a Full-time entry level Immigration Attorney with 6 months to 1 year experience. The law firm handles a variety of immigration cases, including but not limited to Cancellation of Removal, Political Asylum, Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, Provisional Waivers, U-Visas, VAWA, DACA, SIJ, Employment based cases and cases before Immigration Court, the BIA, and all circuit courts. Responsibilities: working with the paralegal team to supervise and facilitate the preparation of immigration packets to be sent to USCIS; preparing evidence and briefs to be sent to the Immigration Court, BIA, and Federal Circuit Court of Appeals; conducting legal research; appearing in Immigration Court on behalf of clients; representing clients in adjustment of status and naturalization interviews. Attorneys will also research and draft complex RFE responses and Motions to Reopen/Reconsider to USCIS. Competitive salary and benefits package which includes a medical, dental and vision plan, paid time-off and coverage of CLE expenses. Qualifications: Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience in immigration law. Experience working with Cancellation of Removal and Asylum based cases preferred. Admitted to practice in NY State. Required education: Doctorate. Required language: Spanish. Please submit your resume along with your cover letter to sgomez@usmanbahmad.com.

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Reading
    The New Immigration Federalism by Pratheepan Gulasekaram and S. Karthick Ramakrishnan - Cambridge University Press (September 15, 2015) - Paperback: 280 pages, ISBN: 1107530865, $32.31- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1107530865.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2016 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: