publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• Article: BROWN AROUND TOWN: THE TROUBLES BEHIND MR. TRUMP'S IMMIGRATION PLAN. By Jan H. Brown

BROWN AROUND TOWN: THE TROUBLES BEHIND MR. TRUMP'S IMMIGRATION PLAN

by

If you are having difficulty viewing this document please click here.

Reprinted with permission.

About The Author

Jan H. Brown is a principal in the Law Offices of Jan H. Brown, P.C., centered in New York City. He has been practicing immigration and nationality law since 1979 and frequently lectures and writes on the subject of U.S. immigration law. Mr. Brown is a long time senior editor of AILA's Immigration and Nationality Handbook and editorial reviewer for Kurtzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook. His editorial cartoons have appeared in various publications, including Liberal Opinion Week and AILA's Immigration Law Today. Jan Brown represents clients across the immigration spectrum, from removal defense to EB-1 extraordinary ability workers. He is past chair of the AILA New York Chapter and currently co-chairs the New York State Bar Association's Immigration and Nationality Law Committee; as such he is active in efforts to reform our immigration system.

The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.

Comments 4 Comments
      Retired INS -
      I am a conservative republican who disagrees with Trump on almost everything relating to immigration. After 30 years with the INS and 9 years with USCIS, I can easily recognize the flaws in his immigration statements. However, by linking his stand on immigration to what I consider silly democrat ideas, such as income inequality and climate change, you lose all credibility on the immigration issue. Maybe you don't know how to attack his immigration stands and therefore sink to a low by linking them to very controversial issues unrelated to immigration. To be honest, I liked Marco Rubio's original immigration proposal. However, your cartoon gives the impression you would not support any republican, no matter how good his or her immigration plan might be.
      Jan H. Brown -
      Quote Originally Posted by Retired INS View Post
      I am a conservative republican who disagrees with Trump on almost everything relating to immigration. After 30 years with the INS and 9 years with USCIS, I can easily recognize the flaws in his immigration statements. However, by linking his stand on immigration to what I consider silly democrat ideas, such as income inequality and climate change, you lose all credibility on the immigration issue. Maybe you don't know how to attack his immigration stands and therefore sink to a low by linking them to very controversial issues unrelated to immigration. To be honest, I liked Marco Rubio's original immigration proposal. However, your cartoon gives the impression you would not support any republican, no matter how good his or her immigration plan might be.
      -----------------------------------

The point I make is that Mr. Trump's salient focus and indeed his initial claim to fame as a candidate were his xenophobic and inflammatory remarks on how to deal with our immigration crisis, overshadowing other issues that need to be addressed. I surmise that you do not feel that ignoring income inequality or climate change is a bad thing. Would you agree that they are worth discussing in place of discussing mass expulsions and taller walls?
      Retired INS -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jan H. Brown View Post
      -----------------------------------

The point I make is that Mr. Trump's salient focus and indeed his initial claim to fame as a candidate were his xenophobic and inflammatory remarks on how to deal with our immigration crisis, overshadowing other issues that need to be addressed. I surmise that you do not feel that ignoring income inequality or climate change is a bad thing. Would you agree that they are worth discussing in place of discussing mass expulsions and taller walls?
      I am a republican who does not like Trump, however, your method of attacking him actually makes me want to defend him. I think income inequality cannot be corrected by the federal government. There are already laws in place which require federal employees to get the same pay for the same work (in the same geographical location). Most states have similar laws. The problem with income inequality can be solved by people getting better education or learning a trade, not be taking from the rich and giving to the poor. Climate change may be real, but democrats are only using it as a means of destroying those they disagree with. Ever notice how environmentalists complain about nuclear power plants in the United States, but say nothing about France (which gets most of its power from nuclear plants)?

Last month I had a letter published by the Fresno Bee in which I pointed out how Trump is wrong on anchor babies. I attacked him with facts I learned from my 39 years working as an immigration officer, 29 of those years in upper management.
      dino07 -
      what is mean son???
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: