Comment: Debunking The Immigrant Welfare Myth
Today's Immigration Daily carries various items of interest, including an article exposing the fallacies in the recent CIS report on immigrant welfare; and an article on the effect of the October Visa Bulletin on China EB-5 backlog. Also find a news items about the DOL's Announcement on Submission of some PERM Applications; and a blog item about Hostility toward Syrian Refugees.
Share your thoughts by writing to email@example.com.
Focus: ILW.COM is pleased to announce The PERM Book 2015-16 edition.
Editor: Joel Stewart; Contributors: Christian Allen, Jonathan Amdur, Davis Bae, Robert E. Banta, Susan L. Brady, Barbara Brandes, Lorna Rogers Burgess, J. Ira Burkemper, Ramon Carrion, Blake Chisam, Susan J. Cohen, Jeffrey Devore, Victoria Donoghue, Gary Endelman, Rami Fakhoury, Jane Goldblum, Paul Hejinian, Linda Kim, Howard Kushner, Christina La Brie, David Lazaar, Katherine Lopez Ley, Edwin Litwin, Benjamin M. Lowe, Joan Matheu, Margaret McCormick, Cyrus D. Mehta, Lori S. Melton, Nancy Jo-Meritt, Matt Morse, Sherry Neal, David B.Pakula, Michael E. Piston, Edwin Rubin, Linda Rose, Lawrence Rudnick, Rebecca L. Sigmund, Jay Solomon, Timothy Spridgeon, Richard Tasoff, Rohit Turkhud, Kiran Vairale-Mumtaz, Alison Walters, Nathan A. Waxman, Mitchell L. Wexler, Leon Wildes, Sofia Zneimer.
Book Outline is as follows:
- Special Comprehensive IT Section by Rami Fakhoury and Matt Morse, Fakhoury Law Group: IT Occupations under SOC and O*Net; Roving Employees: Travel, 3rd Party Sites, Unanticipated Locations and Home Office; Diploma and Work Equivalencies; Alternative Requirements
- Perm Overview by Featured Authors: Edwin Rubin "How to Prepare a PERM Form"; Larry Rudnick "Responding to Audits and Requests for Reconsideration"; Michael Piston "Appeal Strategies: BALCA and Federal Courts"
- Special Issues in Focus: Prevailing Wage Survival Kit by Linda Kim; Guide to Recruitment and Advertising by Rohit Turkhud; Alien Control: Investors, Family Ownership and PERM by Robert Banta
- Statute and Regulations: PERM Rule; Preamble to PERM Rule (December, 2004); PERM Forms (Current) & Instructions; PERM Forms (Proposed)
- Agency Interpretations: Frequently Asked Questions; PERM Stakeholder Meeting Reports; General Administration Letters; Foreign Labor Certification Memoranda; Prevailing Wage Memoranda
- Roadmaps and Checklists: Overview of PERM Cases; Overall PERM Flow Chart; Employer Checklist; Alien Checklist; Job Offer Checklist; Attorney/Agent Checklist; Prevailing Wage Checklist; Minimum Requirements Checklist; Recruitment and Advertising; Special Requirements
- Sample Cases: Approved Perm Applications; Approved Prevailing Wage Requests; Requests for Reconsideration
- State Workforce Agencies By Kiran Vairale: Contacts and Addresses; How to Place 30 Day Job Orders; How to Document Results of Recruitment
Headline: India, US working on pact to exempt certain people from immigration checks Click here
Headline: For Immigrants - And All of Us - A Time to Fight Click here
Headline: Fifty Years Later, the Immigration Bill That Changed America Click here
Headline: U.S. tells China to take back undocumented immigrants Click here
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
New York, NY. Downtown NYC leading immigration law firm seeks attorney with 0-2 years' experience (i.e. asylum, cancellation, SIJ, VAWA, family based petitions, employment based petitions etc.). Candidate must be proficient at drafting motions, memos, and conducting research. Foreign language fluency (Spanish) is preferred not required. Candidates must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong analytical and organizational skills. Position available immediately. Salary based on experience and qualifications. Candidate must be admitted to the bar. Please send the resumes firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
Atlanta, GA. Ogletree Deakins' immigration practice group employs over 53 immigration attorneys and over 95 paraprofessionals. Our Atlanta office has multiple opportunities for business immigration paralegals to join the firm's expanding practice. We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm. Summary of Position: Duties will include the preparation and filing of a wide range of immigration petitions, including H-1Bs, L-1s, PERM and labor certification applications. Our paralegals also compile and analyze case facts, draft correspondence, maintain and organize client documentation and have direct contact with clients and visa beneficiaries. The Immigration Paralegal will also review complex legal documents, compile and analyze case facts, determine and calendar deadlines. Requirements: Paralegal certification / Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university. Expertise in Lexis, WestLaw, Live Note, Concordance, Case Map, Docketing, and Document Management Systems. Outstanding case management and organizational skills are required. We are not working with outside recruiters for this position. Equal Opportunity Employer. Contact: To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com with "Atlanta Immigration Paralegal" in the subject line.
ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
Washington, DC., September 30, 2015, 9:30 - 11am (Eastern). Migration Policy Institute (MPI) will hold a panel discussion on "The Immigration Act of 1965: Then and Now." In this symposium distinguished scholars and commentators will look at the political and policy dynamics that came together to make the '65 Act possible, and place the country on a course towards today's diverse society. Location: TBA. For more information and registration details see here.