publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• August 12 - The September 2015 Visa Bulletin is Out!

Comment: The September 2015 Visa Bulletin is Out!
    Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has been updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

ILW Green Card Survey Tracker provides a unique way to estimate the availability date for green card applications. Unlike other estimation methods, which rely on mechanical or mathematical calculations, this tracker tabulates predictions from immigrants and immigration professionals concerning availability dates for various categories of green card applications. Give it a try and share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com

Article: The Regional Center Loan Model Chinese Conundrum. By Matt Gordon

Article: Comments to the Draft Policy Memorandum of August 10, 2015. By Jeff Campion

Article: OPEN CRIMINAL CASES DURING I-485 ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS APPLICATIONS. By Alan Lee, Esq.

Blogging: SEPTEMBER 2015 VISA BULLETIN. By Chris Musillo

Blogging: SEC Charges Oil Company and CEO in Scheme Targeting EB-5 Investors. By Bruce Buchanan

News: DOS Releases Visa Bulletin for September 2015

News: USCIS Message on EB-5 Regional Centers Naming Conventions

Focus: The EB-5 Summit - Discount Deadline
    The EB-5 Summit For Attorneys and Developers will be taking place on September 11th in Chicago, IL. The speakers include Robert Divine (Discussion Leader) Peyman Attari, Matthew Galati, Matt Gordon, Anna Morzy, Reid Thomas, Trevor Saliba, Greg White, and others to be announced. This event is sponsored by AISA, E3 Investment Group, NES Financial and Seyfarth Shaw LLP. The curriculum is as follows:

• Where does EB-5 fit in the Capital Stack
    • How does one find investors
    • Lawfully Advising on Choosing A Project
    • Developing the I-924 Application
    • -526 Petitions and Source of Funds Issues
    • I-829 Applications and Documenting Job Creation
    • Funds Administration
    • The Non-Regional Center Concept
    • Security Issues in EB-5
    • Roundtable with all speakers on all EB-5 Matters

For additional information, including speaker biographies, sponsor profiles, and to register, please see: Online
    For the fax form, see here.

Don't delay, the Discount Registration Deadline is August 18th.

Headline: Immigration Is Great Click here
    Headline: Cruz wants immigration details on terror suspects Click here
    Headline: In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants Click here
    Headline: Indian immigrants are tech's new titans Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    Los Angeles, CA. Seyfarth Shaw LLP (www.seyfarth.com) seeks a Senior Immigration Paralegal for our downtown Los Angeles office. Responsibilities, under partner supervision, include: provide concierge-level service to senior executives/managers, professional-services providers, in-house counsel and HR representatives, and high-net-worth individuals; perform intake of cases, research immigration law/regulations and online business information, access relevant data from financial statements and implement case strategy; analyze and develop strategy and supporting evidence for immigration eligibility in complex cases; prepare and file employment-based nonimmigrant (primarily E-2, L-1, H-1B & O-1 cases) and immigrant petitions (mostly EB-1 & national-interest waiver cases) with various federal agencies; and assist foreign citizens in submitting DS-160 online visa applications to U.S. embassies and consulates. The candidate must be an engaged, creative, and positive "team player" with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, superior communication and writing skills, and at least 6 years' experience with immigration law. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience exceeding the expectations of "high-touch" clients as well as experience with EB-5 immigrant visas, and immigration compliance and defense (I-9, antidiscrimination, FDNS and H-1B DOL investigations). Please apply online here.

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    Los Angeles, CA. Greenberg Traurig has an opening in its Los Angeles location for an experienced business immigration paralegal. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 4 years preparing immigrant and nonimmigrant visas (i.e., H, L, TN, E, O, J visas, adjustment of status, consular processing, advance parole, employment authorization documents, PERM, EB-5 etc.) Bachelor's degree is required. The ideal candidate must be very organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently. They must possess excellent computer skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work overtime when necessary is a must. If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Miller at millerna@gtlaw.com. No phone calls please.

Case Management for Immigration Automation: Digital office for comprehensive immigration case management INSZoom is the leading digital office for comprehensive immigration case management and compliance, trusted by the world's top immigration law firms and corporations. Use INSZoom's industry-defining technology to streamline and automate your immigration practice. Access 800+ immigration forms for the U.S. and the world, which are always updated within 24 hours of release. e-File all major USCIS forms. Give clients and consultants direct access to your system through online portals. Access group calendaring, alert tools, CRM, email management, billing and invoicing, and much more. Every service integrates within one solution to boost your productivity and help you grow your practice. For more details, contact us at (925) 244-0600 or Sales@INSZoom.com. To learn more, click here.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
    September 15, 2015, 2pm - 5pm, New York, NY. The Center for Migration Studies will hold a panel discussion on "Immigration Reform and Administrative Relief: 2014 and Beyond." The discussion will cover key finding related to the capacity and funding needs of community-based immigrant-service agencies. Moderator: Donald Kerwin, Executive Director, Center for Migration Studies. Location: Center for Migration Studies, 307 East 60th Street, 6th Floor, New York, NY. Space is limited. For more information and registrations instruction see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: