publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• July 13 - The August 2015 Visa Bulletin is Out!

Comment: The August 2015 Visa Bulletin is Out!
    Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has been updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

ILW Green Card Survey Tracker provides a unique way to estimate the availability date for green card applications. Unlike other estimation methods, which rely on mechanical or mathematical calculations, this tracker tabulates predictions from immigrants and immigration professionals concerning availability dates for various categories of green card applications. Give it a try and share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com

Article: Status of expanding I-601A provisional waivers to other classes. By Alan Lee, Esq.

Article: SEC Charges EB-5 Fund Operators and Finders. By Gregory L. White, Christopher F. Robertson and Mark A. Katzoff

Article: Georgia and "Sanctuary Cities:" Facts Are A Good Place To Start. By Charles Kuck

Blogging: Elizabeth Gervais-Gruen, Pioneer in Immigration Law, Dies at 102 By Greg Siskind

Blogging: Are Donald Trump's Anti-Mexican Tirades Actually Helping Immigration? By Roger Algase

Bloggings By Chris Musillo: USCIS AGAIN ACCEPTING H-1B PREMIUM PROCESSING; AUGUST 2015 VISA BULLETIN

News: USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for Extension of Stay H-1B Petitions

Focus: Chinese Translations for Immigration Law Firms
    ILW.com, the leading law publisher, is now available to provide Chinese translation work for your firm. Our company recently created a special team to provide translations in the following three areas: data entry, regular translation and legal translation.

Why ILW is your best choice?

• ILW.com is the Leading Immigration Law Publisher for more than 15 Years.
    • ILW.COM's several employees are bilingual in Mandarin
    • Lowest Market Price for Translation
    • Relevant expertise and intimate familiarity with EB-5 matters

If you want to try our translation service or have any questions, please contact us at (212) 545-0818 or email webmaster@ilw.com.. We're more than willing to help you!

Headline: Key Republicans run from 'demagogue' Trump over immigration Click here
    Headline: Chinese now top U.S. immigrant arrivals Click here
    Headline: Obama Plan for Immigration Action Gets a Cold Reception at Appeals Court Click here
    Headline: The immigration debate has been wrong from the beginning Click here
    Headline: Trump's Phoenix visit comes as state GOP leaders try to move beyond immigration fight Click here
    Headline: Rupert Murdoch: Donald Trump 'wrong' on immigration - CNNPolitics.com Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    Houston, TX. Greenberg Traurig has an opening in its Houston, TX location for an experienced business immigration paralegal. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 4 years preparing immigrant and nonimmigrant visas (i.e., H, L, TN, E, O, J visas, adjustment of status, consular processing, advance parole, employment authorization documents, PERM etc.) Outbound immigration experience is a plus. Bachelor's degree is required. The ideal candidate must be very organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently. They must possess excellent computer skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work overtime when necessary is a must. If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Miller at millerna@gtlaw.com. No phone calls please.

Florham Park, NJ and Philadelphia, PA. Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, is currently seeking several college graduate paralegals for the Immigration Practice group of our Florham Park, NJ and Philadelphia, PA offices. The positions are temporary with the possibility of future employment. When applying, please submit your CV/resume and a writing sample. Position Summary: The EB-5 Paralegal team will assist attorneys with complex investor visa cases. Job duties are as follows: (1) review of financial documents, including tax returns, financial statement, preparation of reports that will be submitted to the federal government, and banking records; (2) audit of money trails from abroad to the United States; and (3) case management. Qualified applicants will be detailed-oriented, have the ability to perform thorough document review, and have excellent writing skills. Position requirements include: a Bachelor's Degree and strong academic credentials. No prior paralegal or EB-5 investor visa experience required. We will train. Employment or academic background in finance, accounting, business, legal studies or a related field is helpful. Second language proficiency, particularly in Mandarin, is a plus but not required. Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Mary Ellen Dolan at dolanm@gtlaw.com. No phone calls please.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    Florham Park, NJ. Greenberg Traurig has an opening in its Florham Park, NJ location for a mid-level business immigration attorney. Qualified candidates should have 3-5 years' experience specifically in business immigration, including extensive experience in non-immigrant and immigrant visas and PERM applications. EB-5 experience is a plus as this position will have some EB-5 related duties. Additional requirements include excellent client service and communication skills, case management, productivity, well-developed organizational skills and advanced writing and analytical skills. If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Mary Ellen Dolan at dolanm@gtlaw.com.

Tysons Corner, VA. Greenberg Traurig has openings in its Tysons Corner, VA location for entry-level (1-3 years), mid-level (4-7 years) and senior level (7 + years) business immigration paralegals. We are looking for candidates that have experience with the following: preparing immigrant and nonimmigrant visas (i.e., H, L, TN, E, O, J visas, adjustment of status, consular processing, advance parole, employment authorization documents, PERM etc.) Outbound immigration experience is a plus. Bachelor's degree is required. The ideal candidate must be very organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently. They must possess excellent computer skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work overtime when necessary is a must. If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Nancy Miller at millerna@gtlaw.com. No phone calls please.

Shanghai, China. Greenberg Traurig, LLP is seeking a mid-level immigration/EB-5 attorney to work in our Shanghai location as part of our growing EB-5 practice. Qualified candidates must have experience with I-526, Applications for Immigrant Investors, DS-260 immigrant visa processing and I-485, Adjustment of Status applications, as well as the filing of I-829 petitions to remove conditions of residency. Experience in I-924, Applications for Initial Regional Center Designation, Amendments and Exemplars and business immigration matters a plus. The ideal candidate must be fluent in Mandarin and English and barred in the U.S. Additional requirements include excellent client service and communication skills, case management, productivity, well-developed organizational skills and advanced writing and analytical skills. If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to kalmykovk@gtlaw.com. Qualified candidates only need apply. No phone calls please.

Dallas, TX. Seeking 10 year immigration paralegal to support active NIV, PERM and investor visa practice in Dallas, TX. Send cover letter and resume to immigrationjobs2015@gmail.com.

Dallas, TX. Seeking 6 - 10 year immigration attorney for busy Dallas, TX practice. Must have strong experience with PERM, all types of EB-1 and investor visas. Send cover letter and resume to immigrationjobs2015@gmail.com.

Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies. The immigration practice group employs over 53 immigration attorneys and over 95 paraprofessionals. Our Denver office has an opportunity for an experienced immigration paralegal to join the firm's expanding practice. We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm. Requirements: The successful candidate must have 2-4 years of employment-based immigration experience preparing and filing either non-immigrant petitions or PERM applications, I-140 petitions and I-485 applications. Strong writing skills and attention to detail; ability to multi-task and work independently toward team goals; and case management and organizational skills. Experience working with INS Zoom is preferred. We are not working with outside recruiters on this position. Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply for this position, please send your resume to jobs@ogletreedeakins.com with "DENVER IMMIGRATION PARALEGAL" in the subject line.

New York, NY. New York licensed attorney bilingual in Japanese and English preferably with at least 2 yrs experience in U.S. Business Immigration law for a full time attorney position in New York sought by Goldstein & Lee, P.C. with offices in New York and London. Due to increased work with major Japanese companies both in Japan and in the United States, we have an immediate need for a qualified lawyer with Japanese and English language skills. The individual selected will be responsible for direct interaction with Japanese companies both overseas and in the U.S. Consular experience is a plus but not a necessity. Candidates are urged to send their CV/resume directly to Richard Goldstein at Richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com

New York, NY. Legal Assistant/Paralegal bilingual in Japanese and English preferably with at least 2 yrs experience in U.S. Business Immigration law for a full time position in New York sought by Goldstein & Lee, P.C. with offices in New York and London. Due to increased work with major Japanese companies both in Japan and in the United States, we have an immediate need for a bilingual Legal Assistant/Paralegal. The individual selected will interact with Japanese companies both overseas and in the U.S. Candidates are urged to send their CV/resume directly to Richard Goldstein at Richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com.

New York, NY. Associate attorney with three to five years experience exclusively in business immigration with emphasis on E, L, and H petitions & applications sought by Goldstein & Lee P.C. with offices in New York & London. Experience in preparing perm applications required. Preference for candidate with consular experience with emphasis on ineligibilities and waivers. Must be highly organized, with strong work ethic with meticulous attention to detail. Attorney will also do general consular work on London office matters. Must be admitted to NY bar. Written references required. Send resume to richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com.

Certified Translation Services
    Are you looking for certified translations for immigration purposes? American Evaluation and Translation Service, Inc. (AETS), a corporate member of the American Translators Association, provides certified translations in over 100 languages. Since we primarily cater to law firms and universities, AETS' linguists, all of whom either have Master's degrees or more than five years of translation experience, are experts in the field of immigration-related translations. Why entrust anyone else with such important documents? Contact AETS today for a FREE quote. For a copy of our Application for Translation Service, please click here, call (786)276-8190,email translations@aetsinternational.com, or fax the documents to (786)524-0448 or (786)524-3300. Please note that AETS also provides Educational, Work Experience, and Position Evaluations. For more information, please visit the website here or our Foreign Credential Evaluation application here. Application.2013.pdf. You may also call us at (786)276-8190. New customers to AETS will receive a 25% on their first Educational Evaluation request, or on their first one-page translation request - just mention Promotion Code: AETS.ILW.25 to avail of this discount.

DNA Testing
    With over a decade of experience and access to over 5000 collection centers nationwide, DNA Lab Center is one of the leaders in the DNA testing industry. All DNA Tests performed are accredited by the A.A.B.B. (the American Association of Blood Banks) and within the guidelines set forth by the DHS. Our reports are accepted by the Consular Section at the embassy, the U.S.C.I.S., and American Citizen Services offices. Every sample collection performed follows a strict chain-of-custody allowing the results to be notarized and court admissible. Using the most advanced technology in the industry, DNA Lab Center is able to reach 99.9 % accuracy on each test we perform. DNA Lab Center will coordinate shipping the DNA collection kit(s) to the embassy requesting the test and will also provide all contact information to embassy personnel for scheduling the beneficiary's appointment. You can be confident your clients will receive the utmost care, consideration, and confidentiality throughout this process. English, Spanish, French and Hebrew spoken. Contact: 866-940-4DNA, 866-720-3550, 718-940-4DNA, info@dnalabcenter.com Website: http://www.dnalabcenter.com.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Pedro Nunez, Gladys Farris, Allen Ladd, Ellen R Gorman

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
    July 24, 2015, 9am - 12pm, New Rochelle, NY. The New York Immigration Coalition will hold training to review the various immigration law issues faced by non-citizens who have been convicted or accused of criminal conduct. The training will cover the criminal bars and waivers for non-citizens seeking lawful permanent residence or other lawful status, criminal grounds of removal and waivers applicable to lawful permanent residents, and good moral character bars and deportation risks for lawful permanent residents with criminal records who are pursuing naturalization. 3 CLE credits in professional practice. The event is free to all non-attorneys staff of nonprofit agencies. Regular rates apply for all other trainings. For more information see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: