free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• Apr 28 - Get Published Fast

Comment: Get Published Fast
    We have streamlined our article production process. Immigration Daily carries more articles than ever before. What does that mean for you? If you are a writer, it means super-fast turn around time for the dissemination of your thoughts - typically just one business day. We encourage all who wish to reach an audience among our 35,000+ readers including immigration professionals, journalists, scholars, employers, government officials and immigrants to submit articles to editor@ilw.com. If you are a reader, it means more articles delivered to you in a more timely fashion. Articles are clearly marked "Article: Title by Author" and all you have to do is to click on the links to read the articles.

Article: Entry Level Jobs Are Poor Candidates for H-1B Visas. By Joseph P. Whalen

Article: Waiting List for Legal Immigrant Visas Keeps Growing. By Jessica Vaughan

Article: How Much Do Undocumented Immigrants Pay in State and Local Taxes? By Walter Ewing

News: DHS FY2015 Mid-Year Border Security Update

News: USCIS Update to Settlement Agreement in Perez-Olano v. Holder

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition

ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition, coming soon!

Editor: TBD

Book Outline is as follows:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Part I. I-140 Introduction
    Chapter One: Editor's Introduction
    Chapter Two: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts by Kristen Quan Hammill

Part II. I-140 by Herbert A. Weiss
    Chapter One: Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process
    Chapter Two: The Scope of Agency Authority
    Chapter Three: The Job Offer Requirement
    Chapter Four: The Immigration Act of 1990
    Chapter Five: The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability
    Chapter Six: The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher
    Chapter Seven: The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive
    Chapter Eight: The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability
    Chapter Nine: The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
    Chapter Ten: The I-140 Form
    Chapter Eleven: The Standard of Evidence
    Chapter Twelve: Priority Dates
    Chapter Thirteen: Filing Multiple Petitions
    Chapter Fourteen: Successors in Interest
    Chapter Fifteen: Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage
    Chapter Sixteen: Portability
    Chapter Seventeen: Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar
    Chapter Eighteen: Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions
    Chapter Nineteen: A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

Part III. Special I-140 Topics
    Chapter One: Step by Step For Schedule A Applications by Sherry Neal
    Chapter Two: Aliens of Exceptional Ability in the Performing Arts by Howard L. Kushner
    Chapter Three: Derivative Beneficiaries of Employment Based Immigrant Petitions and the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) by Dorothee Mitchell and Faye M. Kolly
    Chapter Four: The Future of The I-140 (Employment-Based Immigration) Process by Prakash Khatri

For additional information, including author biographies and to purchase, please see:
    Fax Form

Headline: Sensible Immigration Reform for Texas Click here
    Headline: Senator tells House to go first on immigration reform Click here
    Headline: 'Immigration is a good thing': Cuomo speaks at 13th annual Daily News/CUNY Citizenship NOW! event Click here
    Headline: U.S. Immigration Policy: What We Have Wrought Is Unsustainable Click here
    Headline: New Ellis Island Center to Complete US Immigration Story Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    New York, NY - A mid-sized but quickly growing boutique immigration firm is seeking a Senior Paralegal for its satellite New York City office. This position will participate in all aspects of the firms Business Immigration and Global Mobility practice, including assisting in the management of client relationships, preparing and filing employment-based nonimmigrant and immigration petitions, including PERM processing, and serving as a contact to numerous prominent clients. Required skills and abilities: must be able to successfully multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience. To apply, please send resume to seniorparalegalresumes@gmail.com

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    Florham Park, NJ. Greenberg Traurig has an opening in its Florham Park, NJ location for a mid-level business immigration attorney. Qualified candidates should have 3-5 years' experience specifically in business immigration, including extensive experience in non-immigrant and immigrant visas and PERM applications. Additional requirements include excellent client service and communication skills, case management, productivity, well-developed organizational skills and advanced writing and analytical skills. If you would like to work in a fast paced, heavy volume, deadline driven environment alongside a team of experienced immigration attorneys and professionals who are passionate about the practice of Immigration Law, then we want to hear from you! Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Mary Ellen Dolan at dolanm@gtlaw.com. We have all the resources of a large, international law firm while preserving our firm's collegial and collaborative culture. Competitive benefits and compensation package offered. Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

visaparalegal
    Paralegal Services
    Based in Teaneck, NJ (NYC Metro Area), Faveo Paralegals provide cost-effective, per-case, flat-fee, immigration paralegal services to attorneys across the United States. Faveo Paralegals' clients include sole practitioners, mid and large size law firms, and legal departments of Fortune 500 Companies. Our paralegals previously worked for large international law firms and in-house departments of Fortune 500 Companies. References are available upon request. For a cost-effective, flat, per-case fee, Faveo Paralegals can fully, professionally and competently prepare for attorney's review wide range of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions including: H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1A/B, E-1/2, I-1, K-1/K-3, O-1, P-1, R-1, TN, U, PERM, I-140 Eb-1, Eb-2, Eb-3, Eb-5, NIW, I-601 Waivers, Responses to RFEs, & Family Petitions, Adjustment of Status Applications. Please visit us on the web at: www.visaparalegal.com Contact E-mail: info@visaparalegal.com Contact Tel: 201-256-3767 x 1. To view Faveo Paralegals video presentation on YouTube go to: Faveo Paralegals Presentation. Important Notice: Please note that we only provide services to attorneys licensed to practice law in the United States. Faveo Paralegals cannot provide paralegal services to general public.

Certified Translation Services
    Are you looking for certified translations for immigration purposes? American Evaluation and Translation Service, Inc. (AETS), a corporate member of the American Translators Association, provides certified translations in over 100 languages. Since we primarily cater to law firms and universities, AETS' linguists, all of whom either have Master's degrees or more than five years of translation experience, are experts in the field of immigration-related translations. Why entrust anyone else with such important documents? Contact AETS today for a FREE quote. For a copy of our Application for Translation Service, please click here, call (786)276-8190,email translations@aetsinternational.com, or fax the documents to (786)524-0448 or (786)524-3300. Please note that AETS also provides Educational, Work Experience, and Position Evaluations. For more information, please visit the website here or our Foreign Credential Evaluation application here. Application.2013.pdf. You may also call us at (786)276-8190. New customers to AETS will receive a 25% on their first Educational Evaluation request, or on their first one-page translation request - just mention Promotion Code: AETS.ILW.25 to avail of this discount.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Tim Lehman, Roger & Lynn Bloxham, Anonymous, Nolan Rappaport

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
    May 4, 2015, 1 - 2:30pm (Eastern), Washington, DC. The Migration Policy Institute (MPI) will hold a discussion on "No End in Sight: The Worsening Syrian Refugee Crisis." Speakers include Kelly Tallman Clements, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, U.S. Department of State. For more details and registration information see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: