free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• Apr 6 - The New L-1B Visa Guidance

Comment: The New L-1B Visa Guidance
    Today's edition of Immigration Daily contains many items of interest. See articles about the new L-1B visa guidance and the second part of a Guide to writing an effective E2 visa business plan. Also find a blog on whether discharged undocumented workers can receive reinstatement; and a news item on USCIS guidance concerning handling delivery errors in H1-B petition filings.

Share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com.

Article: New L-1B Visa Guidance: Will There Be Fewer Denials Or More Of The Same? By Gary Endelman and Cyrus D. Mehta

Article: The Guide To Writing An E2 Visa Business Plan (Part 2 of 3). By Benjamin Jarmon

Blogging: Syria of Blessed Memory. By Jason Dzubow

Blogging: Can Discharged Undocumented Workers Receive Reinstatement? By Bruce Buchanan

Blogging: Immigrant of the Day: Eddie Van Halen - Rock Legend. By Greg Siskind

News: USCIS Alert Regarding Immigration Scams on Expanded DACA/DAPA

News: USCIS Alert: Delivery Service Error Guidance for FY16 H-1B Cap Filings

Focus: Seminar - I-9 & E-Verify for Experts
    The second session of the ILW.com seminar series, "I-9 & E-Verify for Experts" will be taking place this Thursday, April 9th. The Discussion Leader is Susan Wehrer and other speakers for this series Ruth Clark, Nicole Kersey, Montserrat Miller, and Angelo Paparelli. The curriculum is as follows:

FIRST Phone Session on Thursday, March 26, 2015 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Time) - I-9 Compliance Challenges - Employer Self-Audits
    (You will receive a CD-ROM of this session)

• Making the Case to your Client to Review I-9 Compliance
      • Potential Fines/Civil Liability
      • Criminal Liability
    • Identifying the Desired Outcome
    • The Self-Audit
      • Timing
      • Various Forms of Self-Audits
      • Committing to Conduct Remediation
    • Guiding Employers in the Scope and Process
    SECOND Phone Session on Thursday, April 9, 2015 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern
    • Creating a Correction Plan
    • I-9 Correction Issues
    • Recent USCIS Guidance on Corrections
    • Timeline for corrections and employees presenting acceptable documentation
    • Avoiding Discrimination
    The registration deadline for this session is April 7th at 11:59 pm.

THIRD Phone Session on Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Time) - Advanced I-9 Issues Ensuring Compliance Going Forward
    • Reviewing the Employer's Completion Procedure/Training
    • E-Verify? Current Best Practices for E-Verify Registration
    • Advanced Issues
      • Challenging Combinations of Documents for I-9 Completion
      • Anti-Discrimination Issues
    • Moving to electronic I-9 system/ensuring historical I-9s are appropriately stored

For additional information, including speaker biographies and to register, please see:
    Online: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201503.shtm
    Fax Form: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201503.pdf

Headline: Immigration Reform 2015: US Cities Call For Delay Of Obama Executive Order To End Click here
    Headline: US immigration reform: Republican voters want next president to oppose path to citizenship Click here
    Headline: Immigration News: New Program Reunites Central American Families in the US, Is Not Widely Heard Of Click here
    Headline: U.S. Government Holding Fewer Immigrants In Detention Click here
    Headline: Immigrants' Work-Permit Website Stuck in Limbo Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Professional
    California. EB-5 Manager. Central California Construction and Property Development company with an approved EB-5 Regional Center seeks an experienced manager to run the regional center. Manager will be required to design and develop new projects with EB-5 and other funding. Knowledge and success with EB-5 funding in development is essential. Immediate opening. Salary based on experience. Apply to: career559@gmail.com.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    New York, NY. Boutique immigration law firm in lower Manhattan with over 30 years of experience is seeking an immigration attorney. Minimum 3 years' experience in immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including H,F,E,O and P visas; I-601 and I-601a waivers. Represent clients in Immigration Court and before USCIS. Knowledge of PERM, LCA and Prevailing Wage Requests. Fluency in Spanish preferred nut not a necessity. Send resume to jne98@aol.com.

visaparalegal
    Paralegal Services
    Based in Teaneck, NJ (NYC Metro Area), Faveo Paralegals provide cost-effective, per-case, flat-fee, immigration paralegal services to attorneys across the United States. Faveo Paralegals' clients include sole practitioners, mid and large size law firms, and legal departments of Fortune 500 Companies. Our paralegals previously worked for large international law firms and in-house departments of Fortune 500 Companies. References are available upon request. For a cost-effective, flat, per-case fee, Faveo Paralegals can fully, professionally and competently prepare for attorney's review wide range of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions including: H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1A/B, E-1/2, I-1, K-1/K-3, O-1, P-1, R-1, TN, U, PERM, I-140 Eb-1, Eb-2, Eb-3, Eb-5, NIW, I-601 Waivers, Responses to RFEs, & Family Petitions, Adjustment of Status Applications. Please visit us on the web at: www.visaparalegal.com Contact E-mail: info@visaparalegal.com Contact Tel: 201-256-3767 x 1. To view Faveo Paralegals video presentation on YouTube go to: Faveo Paralegals Presentation. Important Notice: Please note that we only provide services to attorneys licensed to practice law in the United States. Faveo Paralegals cannot provide paralegal services to general public.

Case Management for Immigration Automation: Digital office for comprehensive immigration case management INSZoom is the leading digital office for comprehensive immigration case management and compliance, trusted by the world's top immigration law firms and corporations. Use INSZoom's industry-defining technology to streamline and automate your immigration practice. Access 800+ immigration forms for the U.S. and the world, which are always updated within 24 hours of release. e-File all major USCIS forms. Give clients and consultants direct access to your system through online portals. Access group calendaring, alert tools, CRM, email management, billing and invoicing, and much more. Every service integrates within one solution to boost your productivity and help you grow your practice. For more details, contact us at (925) 244-0600 or Sales@INSZoom.com. To learn more, click here.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
    May 8, 2015, 3 - 4:30pm (Eastern), Washington, D.C. - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will hold a a quarterly stakeholder meeting to receive updates from the Asylum Division and ask questions. Participation in this meeting is in-person only. Register no later than Friday, May 1. For more details see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: