free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• Nov 10 - Tracking Your Wait

Comment: Tracking Your Wait
    Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has been updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

ILW Green Card Survey Tracker provides a unique way to estimate the availability date for green card applications. Unlike other estimation methods, which rely on mechanical or mathematical calculations, this tracker tabulates predictions from immigrants and immigration professionals concerning availability dates for various categories of green card applications. Give it a try and share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com

Article: The Fate of Executive Action on Immigration After the Midterm Elections By Gary Endelman and Cyrus D. Mehta

Article: Immigration Actions: The Law of Unintended Consequences By Jan H. Brown

Blogging: Allegations of Improper Hiring Practices in Immigration Court System By Matthew Kolken

Blogging: December 2014 Visa Bulletin By Chris Musillo

News: DOS Releases Visa Bulletin for December 2014

News: DOS Announcement on Reciprocal Visa Extensions for US and China

News: DOS FAQs on Visa Extensions for US and China

Focus: "GET ME IN THERE!": STRATEGIES RELATED TO INITIATION OF REMOVAL PROCEEDINGS
    The second session of the ILW.com seminar series, "Removal For Experts" will be taking place this Thursday, November 13th. The Discussion Leaders will be Stephen Berman and Shannon Shepherd, and other speakers for this series include Krista Eyler, John Gihon, Davorin Odrcic and Rebecca Whiting. The curriculum is as follows:

• Motions to Reopen
    • Requests to the OCC to Join Motions
    • Issuance of the NTA - who, what, where when and why
    • Motions to Re-calendar
    • NTA in lieu of Reinstatement of Removal
    • DACA - Deferred Action
    • Administrative Removal

The registration deadline for this session is November 11th at 11:59 pm. Miss the first session? Don't worry - we'll send you a recording of it! For additional information including detailed curriculum, speaker biographies, and to register, please see:
    Online: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201413.shtm
    Fax Form: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201413.pdf

Headline: Sheriffs Plan Massive Gathering in Washington to Oppose Executive Amnesty Click here
    Headline: Federal judge: Anti-human-smuggling law infringes on US immigration policy Click here
    Headline: Many Latinos shun Obamacare for fear of getting relatives deported Click here
    Headline: Illegal Immigrants to Border Patrol: "We're Coming for the Amnesty" Click here
    Headline: Immigration Reform 2014 News: Federal Judge Strikes Down Arizona's Controversial Immigration Smuggling Law Click here
    Headline: Obama vows to use executive action on immigratio?n before new GOP Congress is sworn in Click here
    Headline: Obama defends plan to act on immigration: CBS interview Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    New York, NY - Immigration Law Firm is seeking a Business Immigration Paralegal. 2+ Years Experience Preferred . Compile and analyze case facts and draft correspondence to USCIS, DOL, DOS and clients. Prepare, file, and monitor status of NIV and IV petitions for corporate and individual clients including PERM, H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1/EB1, E, J-1, B-1/2, etc. Update and maintain case files via LawLogix. BS/BA degree required. Strong case management skills. Attention to Details. Ability to work independently and with others. Excellent writing skills. Fluency in foreign language is a plus. Please send resumes to administrator@ppid.com.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    New York, NY, (Part-Time Position) - The Law Offices of Lynne R. Newkofsky has an immediate opening for a Business Immigration Attorney with a minimum of 2+ years of business immigration experience, including with H-1Bs, L-1As/L-1Bs, E-1s/E-2s, J-1s, O-1s, TNs, PERMs and I-140 petitions. Experience with naturalization applications and family-based matters a plus. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to multi-task. Salary commensurate with experience. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lnewkofsky@newkofsky.com.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    Toronto and Calgary, CA - Egan LLP is currently seeking a Senior Attorney to manage multiple and challenging U.S. business immigration engagements and to contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate. Egan LLP, a law firm allied with Ernst & Young LLP (EY), help our clients address the challenges associated with managing today's globally mobile workforce. Recognized as the #2 World's Most Attractive Employer and one of Canada's top employers, EY and Egan LLP continually strive to be a great place to work. Responsibilities include demonstrating a solid understanding of U.S. business immigration law and preparing and submitting non-immigrant, immigrant, and PERM applications in a high volume environment, owning managing a base of clients and as well as managing attorneys, paralegals and other client service team members. Ideal candidate will have a JD along with admission to any U.S. state bar, five or more years of business immigration experience, with an emphasis on high-volume H/L NIV and PERM filings. EB-5 experience is a plus. To apply, please send your resume to alexa.bostock@ca.ey.com.

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    Chicago, IL, Sidley Austin LLP. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Prepare a wide variety of business-based nonimmigrant petitions (H-1B, H-3, TN, E, J-1, L-1 and O-1). Assist with corporate clients with PERM application process. Assist with applying for and obtaining work visas with U.S. consular offices abroad. Work closely with our clients' and their employees and families to provide comprehensive immigration service through the application process, including responses to applications, Requests for Evidence, interviews and compliance. Compile and maintain records of immigration forms, other documentation and records of activity on behalf of corporate clients' employees. Review immigration regulations and be able to apply them to various case scenarios. Perform research using all available immigration research tools including government agencies' websites. Education and/or Experience: Required: BA/BS with strong academic credentials; Proficient at Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat; Writing sample must be submitted with resume; Minimum of 4 years of experience with the corporate immigration process. Preferred : Paralegal Certificate; Proficient in LawLogix. Other Skills and Abilities: Strong oral and written communication skills; Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills; Strong sense of good judgment; Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills; A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job. To apply: staffcareers@sidley.com.

Immigration Law Certificate
    Classes offered both online and in-person. Master the complex and ever changing maze of immigration policies and regulations with the Immigration Law Studies Certificate Program offered by CUNY's School of Professional Studies. This graduate-level certificate program, consisting of (3) three-credit classes, offers students who complete it a comprehensive understanding of the laws, regulations, and processes surrounding the status of immigrants in the US, including family and employment-based immigration and deportation defense. It is designed for individuals working in law firms, companies, government agencies and nonprofit organizations where they interact with immigrants and immigrant legal concerns on a regular basis and would therefore benefit from greater knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding immigration. For more information on class schedules, tuition and fees, course applications and to register, see here.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Brent Heid

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
    November 14, 2014, 1pm, Amherst, MA, the History Department at the University of Massachusetts Amherst will host a lecture "The New Asylum Seekers," by Professor María Cristina García (Howard A. Newman Professor of American Studies, Cornell University). This is part of the 2014-2015 Feinberg Family Distinguished Lecture Series. For more details see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2014 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
    Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: