free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

• Nov 12 - Tracking Your Wait

Comment: Tracking Your Wait
    Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has been updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

ILW Green Card Survey Tracker provides a unique way to estimate the availability date for green card applications. Unlike other estimation methods, which rely on mechanical or mathematical calculations, this tracker tabulates predictions from immigrants and immigration professionals concerning availability dates for various categories of green card applications. Give it a try and share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com

Article: Indian Corporation pays record amount to settle allegations of systematic visa fraud by Shilpa Malik, Esq.

Blogging: The Immigration-Abandonment Ploy -- Fallout from a Fiddling Congress and Bickering Allies by Angelo Paparelli

Blogging: Retaliation is an Issue in Immigration Law, Too; by Bruce Buchanan, Siskind Susser

Blogging: CIR Backed in 20 GOP Swing Districts. Do House Republicans Care? By Roger Algase

News: CRS Report on Visa Issuances - Policy, Issues, and Legislation

Focus: Low, Low Prices For Books
    We have been very pleased with the reaction to our reducing prices of all our published books from $499 to lower prices. ILW.COM is pleased to announce one new low prices for all our published books of $199. With this final discount level, our books are now available at 60% off the list price, a great deal. This price decrease does not apply to books we distribute for other publishers, nor does it apply to our low-price books, such as those we sell for $9, or $49. As always, shipping and handling and all applicable sales taxes are included in the price, there are no hidden extras, what you see is what you get. For a complete list of all our books, please see: http://www.ilw.com/books/. For a pdf brochure of our books, please see: http://www.ilw.com/books/short_brochure.pdf.

Headline: President Obama needs legacy, GOP needs votes Click here
    Headline: At Least Let Them Work: the Denial of Work Authorization and Assistance for Asylum Seekers in the United States Click here
    Headline: How immigration died - Part 1 | TheHill Click here
    Headline: Chris Christie: Fearless before hurricanes, meek before policy questions Click here
    Headline: GOVERNOR'S 'POVERTY' EXCUSE MISSES JOB ISSUE Click here
    Headline: News roundup: GOP fears immigration reform kills electoral future Click here
    Headline: Immigration Reform and the LGBT Community | Center for American Progress Click here
    Headline: Keep Freezing the Ice Monster: The California TRUST Act Should Set Nationwide Paradigm Click here
    Headline: Christie ducks on immigration Click here
    Headline: Political Eye: Heck targeted on immigration reform Click here
    Headline: Memo to Mayor-elect de Blasio: Make immigrant advancement a priority Click here
    Headline: Minnesota veterans, immigrants call for immigration reform Click here
    Headline: Undocumented Youths Push To Enlist In Military Click here
    Headline: Women and the fight for comprehensive immigration reform Click here
    Headline: Congress needs push to pass immigration reform now Click here
    Headline: Tech, telecom policy stuck in neutral Click here
    Headline: White House seeks Republican immigration help Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
    Los Angeles - Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez, LLP is seeking a high-performing mid to senior-level, or lateral transfer, attorney with supervisory experience, excellent client service, case management, organizational, writing and analytical skills. Must have experience in business immigration with extensive experience in non-immigrant and immigrant visas and PERM applications. Competitive salary, attractive bonus compensation, and excellent benefits package. Please send cover letter and resume to recruiting@sggimmigration.com. All replies will be kept confidential.

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
    Los Angeles - Stone Grzegorek & Gonzalez, LLP is seeking an experience business immigration paralegal to work on employment-based nonimmigrant and immigrant visas with emphasis on PERMs. Paralegal will assist senior attorneys in managing caseload, and preparing and filing petitions. Idea candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience in business immigration law with knowledge of E, H, L, O and PERM filings. Candidate should also have excellent analytical, research and writing skills. Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement via email to recruiting@sggimmigration.com. Please indicate the job you are applying for in the subject line of your email.

Help Wanted: Immigration Professionals
    Seyfarth Shaw, LLP's immigration group is seeking Immigration Writers (multiple openings) to research and prepare support letters in connection with O-1, "Outstanding Researcher," "EB-1(1)Alien of Extraordinary Ability," and EB-2 "national Interest Waiver" petitions. Responsible for working directly with foreign national clients and their references, drafting and project-managing the collection of all supporting evidence, and producing a clean and persuasive "first draft" of a 15-20 page support letter. Ideal candidates will be outstanding writers as well as strong project managers. Prior experience in immigration law is preferred, but not required. Compensation is commensurate with experience; this opportunity will not lead to a position as a lawyer within the firm. Please send resume and writing sample to Angelo Paparelli at apaparelli@seyfarth.com. No phone calls, please.

Immigration Law Certificate
    Classes offered both online and in-person. Master the complex and ever changing maze of immigration policies and regulations with the Immigration Law Studies Certificate Program offered by CUNY's School of Professional Studies. This graduate-level certificate program, consisting of (3) three-credit classes, offers students who complete it a comprehensive understanding of the laws, regulations, and processes surrounding the status of immigrants in the US, including family and employment-based immigration and deportation defense. It is designed for individuals working in law firms, companies, government agencies and nonprofit organizations where they interact with immigrants and immigrant legal concerns on a regular basis and would therefore benefit from greater knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding immigration. For more information on class schedules, tuition and fees, course applications and to register, see here

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Jim Roberts

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Reading
    "A Nation by Design: Immigration Policy in the Fashioning of America" by Aristide R. Zolberg - Harvard University Press (December 2008), 672 pp. - ISBN: 0674030745, $24.42, http://www.amazon.com/Nation-Design-...dp/0674030745/

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2013 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
    Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: