Comment: How Long A Wait? -
Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has be updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!
Focus: PERM For Experts
Tuesday, January 15th is the deadline to sign up for Thursday, January 17th phone session of "PERM for Experts" with Shannon Barnes and Michael Piston. Speakers for the other sessions include Alex Dgebuadze, Sharon Mehlman, Monica Sherman, and J. Tony Smith. The curriculum is as follows:
FIRST Phone Session on January 17 - Coping with Alternate Job Requirements
- DOL vs. USCIS: Balancing DOL’s definition of “Substantial Equivalence” against USCIS’s 2000 Yates Memorandum on EB-2 Equivalency
- Advanced Prevailing Wage Issues
- Listing primary and alternate requirements on the ETA 9141 vs. NPWHD’s indication that alternate requirements will not be considered in prevailing wage issuance
- Is there a risk to the employer in the event the primary requirements yield a lower prevailing wage rate than would alternate requirements?
- Advanced Issues with drafting ETA 9089 and Recruitment with Alternate Requirements
- Should Kellogg language be included?
SECOND Phone Session on February 14 - Strategy Development for Prevailing Wage, Unique Work Site, and Travel Issues
- Advanced Prevailing Wage Issues – Private wage surveys, Alternate wage surveys, Multiple work-site locations, Responding to RFI’s, Options to challenge determinations
- Alternative Work Site Issues - Telecommuters, Roving employees (national and regional), Multiple set locations
- Travel Requirements - What constitutes a travel requirement? How do travel requirements impact wage leveling? How should travel requirements be listed in recruitment and on the ETA 9089?
THIRD Phone Session on March 7 - Audits and Supervised Recruitment
- Current Trends in Audits and Supervised Recruitment
- Overview of Supervised Recruitment and Managing Client Expectations
- Obstacles in SR process – Complications with Ad Sources, Mandated e-Communications and Procedural Changes implemented by DOL, Successor in Interest issues, Impact of Promotions
- Coping with Denials: Filing Motion/Appeals, New PERM applications, and Related Risk Factors
- Consequences of Withdrawal
Tuesday, January 15th is the deadline to sign up. For more information, including speaker bios and registration information, please see:
Fax Form: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201301.pdf
Headline: The Weekend Interview with Marco Rubio: Riding to the Immigration Rescue Click Here
Headline: Comprehensive immigration reform: The time is now Click Here
Headline: Rubio lays out proposal to 'modernize' immigration Click Here
Headline: U.S. Immigration Policy Is Killing Entrepreneurship. Here's What to Do About It Click Here
Headline: US spent billions on Caribbean immigration enforcement-report: WASHINGTON (CMC) Click Here
Headline: A Bogus Immigration-Enforcement Factoid Click Here
Headline: Q and A: Why Immigration Reform Is Key to the GOP's Survival Click Here
Headline: Jan 11 - Share Immigration Daily Click Here
Headline: The Registration Deadline for the $100-Off Discount for the EB-5 Summit for Attorneys and Developers is January 15th! Click Here
Headline: What To Expect From Congress In 2013 On Immigration, Privacy, And Patent Trolls Click Here
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Canada, Toronto - EGAN LLP, a part of Ernst and Young's Global Business Immigration Services Group, is currently seeking an Associate Attorney to manage multiple and challenging US business immigration engagements and to contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse clients. EGAN LLP has offices throughout Canada in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. An ideal candidate must have JD along with admission to any US State Bar, 3+ years of Business Immigration experience, with an emphasis on high-volume H/L NIV and PERM filings; excellent managerial, organizational, verbal/written communication skills. For more information, please visit Ernst and Young's career website at www.ey.com/CA or contact Lisa Chow at Lisa.Chow@ca.ey.com
Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal Canada, Toronto - EGAN LLP, a part of Ernst and Young's Global Business Immigration Services Group, is currently seeking a Paralegal to manage multiple and challenging US business immigration engagements and to contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse clients. EGAN LLP has offices throughout Canada in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. An ideal candidate must have Undergraduate University degree or equivalent related work experience, 2+ years of Business Immigration experience; be highly organized with strong attention to details, and have strong verbal/written communication skills. For more information, please visit Ernst and Young's career website at www.ey.com/CA or contact Lisa Chow at Lisa.Chow@ca.ey.com
Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Multiple Locations - Quarles & Brady LLP is seeking a Staff or Of-Counsel Attorney with 2+ years of experience in business immigration law for our Madison, Milwaukee, or Chicago offices. The ideal candidate must be experienced in a range of business immigration matters, have the ability to provide exceptional client service, and posses superb analytical, organizational and case management skills. This position will be full-time for the first four months and at least part-time thereafter.
To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see here
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2012 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong