Comment: More on EB5 Expedites

1) Criticism of our previous commentary on EB5 Expedites
2) Possible favoritism at USCIS on EB5 cases
3) Excellent progress at USCIS on Processing Times

1) Criticism on previous commentary on EB5 Expedites:
We recently ran two Editorial Comments on EB5 Expedites:
Expedites Take EB-5 By Storm
http://discuss.ilw.com/articles/recent-issues/390159-february-26-expedites-take-eb-5-by-storm
Blanket I-526 Expedites
http://discuss.ilw.com/articles/recent-issues/390283-march-14-blanket-i-526-expedites
We received some criticism for our comments on Blanket I-526 Expedites from attorneys of distinguished repute, and with considerable experience in EB5 matters. Each of the two attorneys advise several of the largest RCs/Developers in the EB5 field, so their two critiques of our commentary are appreciated and well taken. Firstly, it was claimed that as a matter of law there are no Blanket I-526 expedites and that USCIS does not acknowledge the existence of Blanket I-526 expedites, USCIS written correspondence with projects mentions the I-924 expedite instead. Secondly, it was claimed that there is no special access via email and phone to USCIS adjudicators for expedited projects, based on the attorney's personal experience with expedited projects. While we welcome the criticism, we stand by our reporting - (i) it is true that as a matter of law Blanket I-526 expedites are not acknowledged, but as a matter of practice Blanket I-526 Expedites do exist and (ii) special access to USCIS adjudicators does exist at least in some cases with Blanket I-526 Expedites.

2) Possible favoritism at USCIS on EB5 cases:
Quite apart from Expedites, a few large NYC/LA RCs have reportedly received specially favorable treatment by USCIS, in terms of reduced processing times for investor-applications for their projects. Favoritism towards some Regional Centers by adjudicating some Regional Center I-526s faster than other RC's I-526s at USCIS is troubling, because it raises questions of fair play. The fair principle would be first in and first out-- by not doing so USCIS is playing with fire--especially considering the monies involved. The agency is disorganized, with files on adjudicators' desks handled in random order, and boxes of files being handled haphazardly out of sequence, and not first in first out.

3) Excellent progress at USCIS on Processing Times:
USCIS is making excellent progress on reducing I-526 processing times-- at the current rate of progress, USCIS may be able to bring down processing times for I-526s to less than 10 months by the end of 2019. This would make I-526 Blanket expedites less of an issue. We urge USCIS to continue its excellent progress to reduce processing times for all I-526s. By next year, applications from India will rival the applications from China in its heyday--which caused the backlog in the first place. If USCIS brings the backlog down to a reasonable level this year, it will position the agency well to handle the flood coming in next year from India.

For more information, please call (212)545-0818 or email webmaster@ilw.comor click here.

Article: Payment Of Fees Becomes More Restrictive At U.S.C.I.S.; Aliens Being Defrauded By DHS Look-Alikes; H-1B Denial Rates Show Need For Lawyers And Sharper Lawyering By Alan Lee, Esq.

Blogging: The Double Marginalization of LGBTQ Asylum Seekers By Jason Dzubow

News: Presidential Memorandum on Combating High Nonimmigrant Overstay Rates

Focus: India EB5 Expo

May 16-24, 2019 — 5 cities

• India is the #1 EB-5 Country, larger than the rest of the world combined, including China
  • India is currently the world's fastest growing major economy - faster than China – and will keep outpacing China for years to come
  • The number of new millionaires created each year in India is more than China - this has been true for the last several years

Please bring brochures, PowerPoint presentation, table displays and business cards

Mumbai — May 16,2019
Delhi — May 18,2019
Chennai — May 20,2019
Bengaluru — May 22,2019
Hyderabad — May 24,2019

Price:
EB-5 Issuers ONLY*
Limited to Four Issuers ONLY -- 5th issuer will not be accepted. Reserve your Spot Now!

Mumbai + Delhi ( Major Metros ) — $10,999+$999* = $11,998
Chennai + Bengaluru + Hyderabad (South India) — $15,999+$999* = $16,998
Mumbai + Delhi + Chennai + Bengaluru + Hyderabad (All 5) — $25,999+$1,999* = $27,998

*Special Note for Attorneys: The only way an immigration attorney can participate and speak at this event is if they are nominated by an issuer exhibiting. Not only is there no fee charged to immigration attorneys, ILW will pay the attorney nominated by each issuer $999/$1,999 toward their travel expenses.

Don't Delay; Get More Info Today.

For more information, please call (212)545-0818 or email webmaster@ilw.comor click here.

Headline: Dems charge ahead on immigration Click here
Headline: More than 30K immigrants have been deported via Boeing Field – King County says no more Click here
Headline: Trump says he’ll close the border 1 day after Mexico affirms commitment to immigration enforcement Click here
Headline: Florida House Passes GOP Immigration 'Sanctuary City' Ban Bill Click here
Headline: Trump says White House is "fighting all the subpoenas" as he leaves for Atlanta Click here

Letters of the Week

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Reading
The Criminal Victimization of Immigrants By William F. McDonald Palgrave Macmillan, 135 pp. Hardcover, ISBN: 3319690612, $54.00 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/3319690612/centerforimmigra Paperback, ISBN: 1138573124, $133.00 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1138573124/centerforimmigra Kindle, 601 KB, ASIN: B077G83251, $39.99

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2017 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong