Comment: Join ILW LinkedIn Group
ILW.COM cordially invites immigration professionals: attorneys, paralegals, law students and others to join the ILW.COM LinkedIn group. The ILW.COM LinkedIn Group is a place for you to enhance your network with others in the field, to discuss issues of mutual interest, and to keep on the top of the latest developments in immigration law.

Article: Get New Business from In-person and Online Marketing By Larry Bodine

Article: Refugees Contribute More In Taxes Than They Ever Receive in Benefits By Melissa Cruz

Blogging: The "New" Travel Ban and How It Affects Asylees and Refugees By Jason Dzubow

Blogging: Despite Hiring, Immigration Court Backlog and Wait Times Climb By Matthew Kolken

Blogging: Asplundh Manager & Supervisors Charged with hiring Undocumented Workers By Bruce Buchanan

Blogging: Muslim Ban Continues Long Tradition of Racial/Religious Discrimination in US (and German) Immigration and Citizenship Law By Roger Algase

News: USCIS Provides Guidance on Well-Founded Fear

News: DOS Fact Sheet: Information Regarding the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2016-2017 Edition
ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2016-2017 Edition, coming soon!

Contents: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts, Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process, The Scope of Agency Authority, The Job Offer, The Immigration Act of 1990,
The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability, The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher,
The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive, The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability, The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
The I-140 Form, The Standard of Evidence, Priority Dates, Filing Multiple Petitions, Successors in Interest, Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage, Portability, Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar, Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions, A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

For more information see here.

Headline: Federal Court Says Unaccompanied Immigrant Minors Have Right to Bond Hearings Click here
Headline: Trump is Winning the Immigration Debate Click here
Headline: DOJ Reviewing Jurisdictions 'Alleged' Compliance With Immigration Law Click here
Headline: U.S. Citizen Detained by Mistake Sues Miami-Dade Over Immigration Enforcement Click here
Headline: Activists Labor Groups Protest Trumps Immigration Policies Click here

Help Wanted: Junior Associate Attorney
Melville, NY – Small growing law firm (20 years) in Melville, NY seeks to hire a full-time Junior Associate Attorney. We are considering applications from attorneys recently admitted to bar or with less than one year experience. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Only resumes emailed to admin@lawpg.com will be considered. Do not contact the firm directly. Duties: Compile and file routine and complex immigration applications and petitions under senior attorney supervision (H-1B, L-1, O, PERM, family-based processes, etc.), Compose letters to clients, Draft legal memoranda and articles, Support clients in immigration program management and compliance, Attend client interviews, participate in and conduct meetings with clients, Other relevant duties as may be assigned The ideal Associate will have the following: JD required, Member of State Bar Association (NY or NJ preferred), Some business immigration experience preferred, Spanish language fluency required, Fast-learner, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated attention to detail, Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands when required, Must be comfortable working in a small firm environment, Must be residing within driving distance of Melville, NY. Please send resume to admin@lawpg.com. Only resumes emailed to admin@lawpg.com will be considered. Do not contact the firm directly.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Florida - A Florida based Regional Center having done several EB5 projects is seeking to team up with an experienced Immigration Attorney for I-526,I-829, I-924, I-924A filings. The Immigration Attorney must have filed successful 526 and 829 cases, should have prompt availability and be ready to travel internationally at a short notice. Boutique law firms and individuals working with larger firms willing to branch out on their own are ok. Interested attorneys please write to: flrc2017@outlook.com.

Letters of the Week

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
July 13, Thursday. USCIS invites stakeholders to a listening session on 7/13/17 to provide feedback on potential regulator and policy changes to the EB-5 Regional Center Program. In preparation for this session, USCIS will distribute a list of topics ahead of the teleconference.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2017 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong