Comment: The Global Refugee Crisis
Today's Immigration Daily carries various items of interest, including an article about how the refugee crisis has deepened poitical polarization in the West. See a blogging about how USCIS stiffens on job flexibility and read a news item on the DOL's update on their action plan for Interagency Working Group on worker protection. Also, see USCIS' Adjustment of Status Fililing Dates for January 2016.

Share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com.

Article: Refugee Crisis Deepens Political Polarization in the West. By Natalia Banulescu-Bogdan and Elizabeth Collett

Article: The Definition of 'Refugee' as Applied to Those Fleeing the War in Syria. By Harry DeMell

Article: SAN BERNARDINO ATTACKS FALLOUT: WILL IT GET HARDER FOR AMERICANS TO MARRY FOREIGN SPOUSES OVERSEAS? By Cyrus D. Mehta

Blogging: An Immigration Opportunity Lost: USCIS Stiffens on Job Flexibility. By Angelo Paparelli

Blogging: Attacks On Italian Immigrants Yesterday, Muslim Immigrants Today. By Roger Algase

Blogging: OSC & ICE Publish Guidance to Employers on Internal I-9 audits. By Bruce Buchanan & Siskind Susser

News: DOL Posts H-2B FAQ #12

News: DOL Provides Action Plan Updates on Interagency Working Group on Worker Protection

News: ICE Advisory Committee on Family Residential Centers

News: SEVP Deploys Final Class of Field Representatives to Work with U.S. Schools

News: USCIS Adjustment of Status Filing Dates for January 2016

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition
ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition, coming soon!

Editor: TBD

Book Outline is as follows:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Part I. I-140 Introduction
Chapter One: Editor's Introduction
Chapter Two: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts by Kristen Quan Hammill

Part II. I-140 by Herbert A. Weiss
Chapter One: Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process
Chapter Two: The Scope of Agency Authority
Chapter Three: The Job Offer Requirement
Chapter Four: The Immigration Act of 1990
Chapter Five: The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability
Chapter Six: The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher
Chapter Seven: The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive
Chapter Eight: The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability
Chapter Nine: The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
Chapter Ten: The I-140 Form
Chapter Eleven: The Standard of Evidence
Chapter Twelve: Priority Dates
Chapter Thirteen: Filing Multiple Petitions
Chapter Fourteen: Successors in Interest
Chapter Fifteen: Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage
Chapter Sixteen: Portability
Chapter Seventeen: Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar
Chapter Eighteen: Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions
Chapter Nineteen: A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

Headline: Eye scans could deter as many illegal immigrants to the US as a border wall Click here
Headline: LETTER: U.S. has history of banning immigrants Click here
Headline: U.S. looks to improve screening of immigrants Click here
Headline: Clinton outlines immigration plan, aims to prevent families from being separated Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
Philadelphia area, PA - solo practitioner is seeking an immigration paralegal/legal assistant. Duties include, but are not limited to, gathering information from clients (both corporate and individual), entering case information into web-based case management system, preparing forms and supporting documents and filing with USCIS and other government agencies, tracking the status of filings, and following up with clients and government agencies. Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of H-1B, H-4, L-1, L-2, EAD, PERM, Immigrant Visa Petitions (EB1, EB2, and EB3), and Adjustment of Status procedure required. Also essential are excellent attention to details, strong communications skills (oral and written), and ability to work independently. Please email resume and cover letter to mjnair@visaworks.com. No telephone calls please.

Letters of the Week: Marko Milakovich, Sabera, Jim Roberts

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
December 17, 2015, 11:30am (Eastern). Migration Policy Institute (MPI) will hold a webinar on the topic "Using Data to Improve Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Services for Immigrants and Refugees." The Immigrants and WIOA fact sheets being released by MPI's National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy provide a detailed analysis of characteristics of immigrant and native-born residents of the United States and top immigrant-receiving states that are relevant to understanding needs for adult education and workforce training services. Connecting these data to WIOA planning efforts, this webinar will explore the equity and system-design challenges illuminated by Census data and the ways in which these data might be applied as states begin to release their draft implementation plans. For more information and registration see here.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong