Comment: Further Implications Of Texas V. USA
Today's Immigration Daily carries various items of interest, including an article about the Impact Of Texas v. USA on other executive actions involving employment authorization; Read a blog post about house speaker Paul Ryan injecting reality into the immigration debate; and a DHS Secretary statement on the Washington Post's November 9 story concerning digitized records.

Share your thoughts by writing to editor@ilw.com.

Article: IMPACT OF TEXAS v. USA ON OTHER EXECUTIVE ACTIONS INVOLVING EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. By Cyrus D. Mehta

Article: Fifth Circuit Affirms Injunction of Obama's Expanded Deferred Action Program. By Kevin Johnson

Article: Dear USCIS: Digitize the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, Please. By Gary Chodorow

Bloggings By Roger Algase: House Speaker Paul Ryan Injects Reality Into Immigration Debate; Will Scapegoating Refugees for Paris Attacks Make America Safer?

News: USCIS Announces New myE-Verify Videos

News: USCIS Reminder: You Can Use Credit Cards to Pay Naturalization Application Fees

News: USCIS Adjustment of Status Filing Dates for December 2015

News: USCIS Affirmative Asylum Scheduling Bulletin (11/12/15)

News: DHS Secretary Statement on the Washington Post's November 9 Story Concerning Digitized Records

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition
ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition, coming soon!

Editor: TBD

Book Outline is as follows:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Part I. I-140 Introduction
Chapter One: Editor's Introduction
Chapter Two: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts by Kristen Quan Hammill

Part II. I-140 by Herbert A. Weiss
Chapter One: Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process
Chapter Two: The Scope of Agency Authority
Chapter Three: The Job Offer Requirement
Chapter Four: The Immigration Act of 1990
Chapter Five: The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability
Chapter Six: The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher
Chapter Seven: The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive
Chapter Eight: The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability
Chapter Nine: The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
Chapter Ten: The I-140 Form
Chapter Eleven: The Standard of Evidence
Chapter Twelve: Priority Dates
Chapter Thirteen: Filing Multiple Petitions
Chapter Fourteen: Successors in Interest
Chapter Fifteen: Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage
Chapter Sixteen: Portability
Chapter Seventeen: Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar
Chapter Eighteen: Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions
Chapter Nineteen: A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

Headline: After Paris attacks, governors refuse to accept Syrian refugees Click here
Headline: Ted Cruz Distinguishes Himself From Marco Rubio With Pro-American Immigration Reform Plan Click here
Headline: Carson says if the U.S. cuts off benefits to immigrants, they won't enter illegally Click here
Headline: Nicaragua Closes Border to U.S.-Bound Cubans Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
New York, NY. Seek experienced law clerk for small but established Midtown employment-based immigration firm. Detailed-oriented, trustworthy & possess excellent writing skills in English. The position includes opportunities for career advancement and training. Starts immediately with flexible hours. EB1, EB2, EB5, E2, O, H1B, PERM experience strongly preferred. compensation: $12 - $20 per hour. employment type: contract. telecommuting okay. Please email resume with writing sample and 2 references to tlin@tlalaw.nyc. Thank you!

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
Washington, DC. - Morgan Lewis is currently seeking an Immigration Paralegal for the Immigration Practice Group who will be resident in our Washington, DC office. The responsibilities include providing the highest levels of client service in the preparation of a broad range of business immigration matters (H-1B, TN, L-1, E-1, E-2, O-1; -PERM, I-40, AOS). The internationally recognized immigration practice is dynamic and collegial, with excellent opportunities for professional growth, and the tools and support of one of the world\'s largest full-service law firms. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in business immigration and an interest in pursuing business immigration as a career. The candidate should also have case management aptitude and skill, good independent judgment and analytical skills, a working knowledge and application of legal processes applied in immigration law, demonstrated organizational and technical skills, and the ability to function as part of a team. The ability to work well under pressure and prioritize and balance competing demands are a must. Morgan Lewis is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. http://www.morganlewis.com/careers. Send resumes to jeid@morganlewis.com.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Reading
Experiences of Immigrant Professors: Challenges, Cross-Cultural Differences, and Lessons for Success (Routledge Research in Higher Education) by Charles B. Hutchison - Routledge; 1 edition (October 21, 2015) - Hardcover: 284 pages, ISBN: 113880696X, $130.40 - $152.88 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/113880696X

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong