Comment: Network using LinkedIn
ILW.COM cordially invites immigration professionals: attorneys, paralegals, law students and others to join the ILW.COM LinkedIn group. The ILW.COM LinkedIn Group is a place for you to enhance your network with others in the field, to discuss issues of mutual interest, and to keep on the top of the latest developments in immigration law.

Article: Electronic Travel Authorizations for Non-Visa Nationals PLUS Biometrics for All Visa-Nationals. By Benjamin A. Kranc

Article: The Pros and Cons of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. By Teodora Purcell

Bloggings By Matthew Kolken: Immigrants Held for Days in Freezing, Unsanitary Cells Sue the Obama Administration; Demand for release of 19 year old mother and her 4 year old son from ICE detention

News: CRS Report on In-Country Refugee Processing: In Brief

Focus: The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition

ILW.COM is pleased to announce The I-140 / The Degree Equivalency 2015-2016 Edition, coming soon!

Editor: TBD

Book Outline is as follows:

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Part I. I-140 Introduction
Chapter One: Editor's Introduction
Chapter Two: Basic Important Employment-Based Concepts by Kristen Quan Hammill

Part II. I-140 by Herbert A. Weiss
Chapter One: Basic Overview of the I-140 EBIV Process
Chapter Two: The Scope of Agency Authority
Chapter Three: The Job Offer Requirement
Chapter Four: The Immigration Act of 1990
Chapter Five: The EB-11 Extraordinary Ability
Chapter Six: The EB-12 Outstanding Professor and Researcher
Chapter Seven: The EB-13 Multinational Manager and Executive
Chapter Eight: The EB-2 Advanced Degree Professional and Person of Exceptional Merit and Ability
Chapter Nine: The EB-3 Professional, Skilled Worker, And Other Worker
Chapter Ten: The I-140 Form
Chapter Eleven: The Standard of Evidence
Chapter Twelve: Priority Dates
Chapter Thirteen: Filing Multiple Petitions
Chapter Fourteen: Successors in Interest
Chapter Fifteen: Ability of Prospective Employer to Pay Wage
Chapter Sixteen: Portability
Chapter Seventeen: Revocation, Invalidation and The Section 204(c) Bar
Chapter Eighteen: Withdrawals and Appeals/Motions
Chapter Nineteen: A Checklist For Putting Together I-140s (And Some Do's And Don'ts)

Part III. Special I-140 Topics
Chapter One: Step by Step For Schedule A Applications by Sherry Neal
Chapter Two: Aliens of Exceptional Ability in the Performing Arts by Howard L. Kushner
Chapter Three: Derivative Beneficiaries of Employment Based Immigrant Petitions and the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) by Dorothee Mitchell and Faye M. Kolly
Chapter Four: The Future of The I-140 (Employment-Based Immigration) Process by Prakash Khatri

For additional information, including author biographies and to purchase, please see:
Fax Form

Headline: Immigration Reform 2015: 'We Will Fight and Defend' DACA, DAPA, Says DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson Click here
Headline: Walk in support of undocumented immigrant from Troy begins Click here
Headline: Immigration News Today: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott Signs 'Comprehensive' Border Security Legislation Click here
Headline: Bishops: Use of immigrant detention centers 'a stain' on US administration Click here
Headline: Immigration Reform: Ted Cruz Wants More 'Boots On The Ground' To Secure US Border Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
New York, NY. Goldstein & Lee, P.C. with offices in New York and London is seeking a Legal Assistant/Paralegal bilingual in Japanese and English preferably with at least 2 yrs experience in U.S. Business Immigration law for a full time position in New York. Due to increased work with major Japanese companies both in Japan and in the United States, we have an immediate need for a bilingual Legal Assistant/Paralegal. The individual selected will interact with Japanese companies both overseas and in the U.S. Candidates are urged to send their CV/resume directly to Richard Goldstein at Richardgoldstein@goldsteinvisa.com. We will be available to meet interested candidates at the AILA Conference in D.C. between June 14 and 20 or in New York. Reqs: Bachelor's degree. Fluency in Japanese and English. 2 yrs U.S. business immigration experienced preferred

Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is looking for an Immigration Paralegal for its Milwaukee office with at least 1 year of experience in Corporate Immigration, including but not limited to non-immigrant (H-1B, L-1, TN) and immigrant (PERM, I-140, I-485) cases, naturalization filings, and immigration case management. Experience with INSZoom will be beneficial. To be considered, a candidate must have excellent academic credentials. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Michael Best & Friedrich LLP has earned a reputation as a leading broad based business law firm because of our long commitment to delivering results for our clients. With approximately 230 attorneys in several offices in the Midwest, Salt Lake City, Utah and Washington, D.C., and global reach through our membership with LexMundi, we have been twice voted Best Law Firm In Wisconsin according to "Corporate Report Wisconsin", and voted the Go-To Law Firm by Corporate Counsel Magazine 8 years running. With 82 attorneys selected to inclusion in the 2015 "Best Lawyers In America" you will join attorneys whose depth of knowledge and experience fit the needs of our clients. Michael Best & Friedrich is also a Firm focused on community involvement, and a strong commitment to Diversity and Environmental Stewardship. Click here to connect to the online application.

Chicago or Madison, IL. The national law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP has an opening for an immigration paralegal in our Chicago or Madison offices. Responsibilities include creating drafts, revisions, preparing detailed forms, documents, letters, exhibits, and other related materials as needed for primarily employment-based immigration processes. Ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of in-depth business immigration experience. Candidates should have specific experience with preparing PERM Labor Certifications, H-1Bs, and L-1s. Bachelor's degree required. Excellent organizational, communications (oral & written), and analytical skills required. Experience with immigration case management systems preferred. If you are interested in applying, please e-mail your resume along with salary history to: staffrecruiting@quarles.com. Equal Opportunity Employer

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Milwaukee, WI. Michael Best & Friedrich LLP is looking for an Immigration Staff Attorney for its Milwaukee office with at least 1 year of experience in Corporate Immigration, including but not limited to non-immigrant (H-1B, L-1, TN) and immigrant (PERM, I-140, I-485) cases, naturalization filings, and immigration case management. Experience with INSZoom will be beneficial. To be considered, a candidate must have excellent academic credentials. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Michael Best & Friedrich LLP has earned a reputation as a leading broad based business law firm because of our long commitment to delivering results for our clients. With approximately 230 attorneys in several offices in the Midwest, Salt Lake City, Utah and Washington, D.C., and global reach through our membership with LexMundi, we have been twice voted Best Law Firm In Wisconsin according to "Corporate Report Wisconsin", and voted the Go-To Law Firm by Corporate Counsel Magazine 8 years running. With 82 attorneys selected to inclusion in the 2015 "Best Lawyers In America" you will join attorneys whose depth of knowledge and experience fit the needs of our clients. Michael Best & Friedrich is also a Firm focused on community involvement, and a strong commitment to Diversity and Environmental Stewardship. Click here to connect to the online application.

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Los Angeles, CA. Law firm has an immediate opening for a full-time, California attorney with at least 2 or more years of experience in the legal field. This is a good opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow with our company. In addition to practicing immigration law, the candidate should be willing to learn and practice personal injury, business, or family law. Candidate should be familiar some of the following areas of immigration: Adjustment of Status, Consular Processing, EB-5, H1B, E2, L1, Removals, and more. Work Hours: Monday through Friday. To apply, please e-mail us at mwlaw28@gmail.com with your cover letter, resume, and expected salary. Thank you.

Newark, NJ. Proskauer Rose LLP seeks candidate with advanced writing skills to join our team of professionals. The position requires quality writing skills to address RFE's, O-1's, L-1B, L-1A, Es, Perms and other writing intensive case-work. The right candidate will have a BA degree and 1 to 5 years. of related experience. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities to expand and grow your skill set. If you are interested, please email a resume and cover letter to: ccates@proskauer.com.

DNA Testing
With over a decade of experience and access to over 5000 collection centers nationwide, DNA Lab Center is one of the leaders in the DNA testing industry. All DNA Tests performed are accredited by the A.A.B.B. (the American Association of Blood Banks) and within the guidelines set forth by the DHS. Our reports are accepted by the Consular Section at the embassy, the U.S.C.I.S., and American Citizen Services offices. Every sample collection performed follows a strict chain-of-custody allowing the results to be notarized and court admissible. Using the most advanced technology in the industry, DNA Lab Center is able to reach 99.9 % accuracy on each test we perform. DNA Lab Center will coordinate shipping the DNA collection kit(s) to the embassy requesting the test and will also provide all contact information to embassy personnel for scheduling the beneficiary's appointment. You can be confident your clients will receive the utmost care, consideration, and confidentiality throughout this process. English, Spanish, French and Hebrew spoken. Contact: 866-940-4DNA, 866-720-3550, 718-940-4DNA, info@dnalabcenter.com Website: http://www.dnalabcenter.com.

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week:

ComingsNGoings: Submit Your Announcements
If you have a professional announcement such as: New Position, Honors and Awards, Mergers and Acquisitions, New Office Address, New Appointment, New Associate, New Attorney, New Partner, that you wish to share with the Immigration Daily community, please send them to editor@ilw.com. ComingsNGoing announcements is a free service. Readers can share professional announcements (up to 100 words at no charge).

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2015 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.
Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong