Comment: How Long A Wait?
Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has be updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

Article: SEC Lifted Ban on General Solicitation - What does it Mean in EB-5 Practice? by Yi Song

Article: August 2013 Visa Bulletin Commentary by Tahmina Watson

Blogging: Edward Snowden and the Realpolitik of Asylum by Jason Dzubow

Blogging: OSC Enters into Memorandum of Understanding with NLRB by Bruce Buchanan

Blogging: Where Does Reform Go by Greg Siskind

Blogging: Is There Any Room For Optimism About CIR Passage in the House of Representatives? by Roger Algase

News: CRS Report on Removing Aliens from the United States: Judicial Review of Removal Orders

Focus: Immigration Practice By Robert C. Divine
Immigration Practice by Robert C. Divine & R. Blake Chisam is an invaluable supplement to Kurzban's with a different approach. It is also useful to newer practitioners and paralegals in view of its easy to understand and practical style. The new edition of Immigration Practice is available for pre-publication sale now! For more info, see here. To order by fax, see here.

Headline: The Note: A Go-Slow Approach to Immigration Reform Click Here
Headline: No easy road ahead on immigration in GOP House Click Here
Headline: Dim prospects for comprehensive immigration bill in House Click Here
Headline: The 3 paths forward for House Republicans on immigration Click Here
Headline: Obama to meet with McCain, Schumer on immigration Click Here
Headline: Bush's call for GOP to embrace immigration reform seems to have little effect Click Here
Headline: House Republicans won't vote on 'massive' Senate immigration bill, to pursue smaller measures Click Here
Headline: House GOP split over immigration reform Click Here

Help Wanted: Immigration Attorney
Florham Park, NJ; Philadelphia, PA - Greenberg Traurig is seeking several college graduate Paralegals for the Immigration Practice group in two cities. The position if temporary with the possibility of future employment. The EB-5 Paralegal team will assist attorneys with complex investor visa cases. Job duties are as follows: review financial documents, including tax returns, financial statements, and banking recording; audit of money trails from abroad to the United States; preparation of reports that will be submitted to the federal government; and case management. Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and strong academic credentials. No prior paralegal or EB-5 investor visa experience required. Training will be provided. Employment or academic background in finance, accounting, business, legal studies, or a related field is helpful. Second language proficiency, particularly in Mandarin, is a plus but not required. Qualified applicants will be detail-oriented, have the ability to perform through document review, and have excellent writing skills. Please visit www.gtlaw.com and click on Careers>Business Staff to apply; please submit your CV/resume and a writing sample.

Immigration Law Certificate
Classes offered both online and in-person. Master the complex and ever changing maze of immigration policies and regulations with the Immigration Law Studies Certificate Program offered by CUNY's School of Professional Studies. This graduate-level certificate program, consisting of (3) three-credit classes, offers students who complete it a comprehensive understanding of the laws, regulations, and processes surrounding the status of immigrants in the US, including family and employment-based immigration and deportation defense. It is designed for individuals working in law firms, companies, government agencies and nonprofit organizations where they interact with immigrants and immigrant legal concerns on a regular basis and would therefore benefit from greater knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding immigration. For more information on class schedules, tuition and fees, course applications and to register, see here

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Lucas Nascimento, Tino Hernandez Salazar

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
July 12 - 1:00pm - Havre, Montana - Subcommittee on the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce hearing on Protecting our Northern Border: Enhancing Collaboration and Building Local Partnerships; Panelists include Don Brostrom, Nathan Burr, Debbie Vandeberg, Kumar Kibble, Christopher Richards, Robert Desrosier. This field hearing seeks to identify some of the challenges confronting the task of securing the northern border between the United States and Canada, including overlapping jurisdictions of government agencies that could impede out efforts and potentiall create critical gaps in security along the border. The hearing also seeks to identify and highlight various opportunities for collaboration and cost-sharing, including stronger partnerships between agencies, local officials, tribes, and the private sector to secure our border and preserve the cross-border commerce that is critical to economic developmen and job creation. For more information, please see here: http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/subcommi...aa141-44158577

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2013 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Lory Rosenberg, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong