Comment: Reduced Seminar Prices
ILW.com is pleased to announce that all seminar prices have been reduced by 50%. Now, for the price of one session, you can participate in all three sessions of the seminar series. In other words, you get 3 60-minute phone sessions for $199. Currently, there are three seminar series ongoing: I-9 and E-Verify For Experts , Removal For Experts, and Physician Immigration For Experts.

Article: Skilled Immigrants Come Through All Immigration Channels by Benjamin Johnson

Article: Immigration Judge Grants Asylum To a Woman from El Salvador Who Rebuffed Romance from a Gang Member by David L. Cleveland

Blogging: Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Reauthorized But the Debate Over Immigration and Same Sex Marriage is Far from Over by Danielle L. C. Beach-Oswald

Blogging: Gang of Eight Agrees on Path to Citizenship by Greg Siskind

Blogging: Chicago Regional Center & the Future of the EB-5 Green Card by EB5 Investors Staff

Blogging: Is it Still Just a Little Too Early for Euphoria About Immigration Reform? by Roger Algase

News: DOL Publishes Notice On Allowable Charges for Agricultural Workers' Meals and Travel Subsistence Reimbursement

News: USCIS Announces Workload Transfer from California Service Center to Texas Service Center

News: DHS Publishes FOIA Report To Attorney General

News: EOIR Releases Memo On Guidance On Continuances And Administrative Closures

Focus: The EB-5 Book Discounted Price
We are pleased to announce that the new comprehensive book on EB5 matters is now available at a discounted price.
Editors: Paul Ruby and Phil Cohen. Articles by Laura Danielson, Robert Gaffney, Michael Gibson, Jennifer Hermansky, David Hirson, Jose E. LaTour, Daniel B. Lundy, Brandon Meyer, Elizabeth Peng, John Roth and Joseph Whalen
The book outline is as follows:

I. For Immigration Attorneys

• Structuring and Market Planning for EB-5 Regional Centers and Their Projects by Jose Latour
  • Building Your I-924 Submission Package by Brandon Meyer
  • How to Lawfully Advise Your Clients About Regional Center Choices by John Roth
  • Advising Investors: Pre- Post-I-526 approval by Laura Danielson
  • Tax Counseling for EB-5 Investor Clients Before and After Immigrating to the U.S. by David Hirson
  • Practice Pointers: I-526 Petitions by Paul Ruby
  • Practical Approaches to Lawful Source of Funds Issues by Robert Gaffney
  • Country-Specific Issues: How to Successfully Represent Chinese Investors in EB-5 Investments by Elizabeth Peng
  • I-829 Practice Pointer: Removing Your Investor's Conditions by Jennifer Hermansky
  • The Future of the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program from the Perspective of an Immigration Lawyer, or Past Performance is Not Indicative of Future Results by Daniel B. Lundy
II. The EB-5 Program For Regional Centers, Project Developers and Investors by Phil Cohen

• Section 1: EB-5 Program Overview
  • Section 2: Key Logistical & Legal Issues
  • Section 3: Groundwork Before Getting Started
  • Section 4: Your EB-5 Team
  • Section 5: Getting to Work on Building Your I-924 Submission Package
  • Section 6: Positioning and Marketing to Foreign Investors
  • Section 7: Admitting Investors
  • Section 8: Financial Overview
  • Section 9: The Direct/ Individual Investor EB-5 Option
  • Section 10: Keeping Up to Date
  • Glossary
  • EB-5 Resources
  • Appendix A: Compendium of Instructions and USCIS Requirements
  • for I-924
  • Appendix B: Precedent Decisions
  • Appendix C: Sample Letter to Economists

III. Resource Materials

Part IV: CD-ROM Resource Materials

Order your copy today: Online or by Fax.

Headline: How secure is the border? DHS stats only measure part of the problem Click here
Headline: Immigration And Economy Focus Of Long Island Forum Click here
Headline: LA is no longer a city of newcomers, study finds Click here
Headline: USCIS Releases Revised Form I-9, Gives 60-Day Grace Period for Use Click here
Headline: Jeb Bush's Immigration Flip-Flopping Click here
Headline: Foreign Student Says He Paid $3,000 for McDonald's Work Study Click here
Headline: New Supporters Help Juice Immigration Reform Negotiations Click here
Headline: INSZoom Webinar on Case Management - Process Challenges: Mar 14 at 11am PST email: Click here
Headline: Students organize upcoming Immigration Summit on March 16 Click here
Headline: One of the most wrenching and least discussed aspects of immigration reform: reducing border deaths Click here
Headline: Immigration reform: Gay, lesbian couples want to be included Click here
Headline: Taking a Nafta Approach to Immigration Click here
Headline: Mar 11 - Are You LinkedIn? Click here
Headline: Skilled Immigrants Come Through All Immigration Channels Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
New York, NY - Downtown New York City firm is seeking a full-time, experienced, Spanish-speaking immigration paralegal. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of immigration experience in preparing and assembling immigration packages to be submitted to USCIS for IV processes, with I-30 Alien Relative Petitions, I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, I-360 VAWA petitions, I-765, Employment Authorization, and I-140 Employment-Based petitions. Fluency in Spanish is essential; College degree preferred. Other qualifications include excellent writing and communication skills, proofing and reviewing applications and legal forms, ability to work independently or with supervision, ability to work well with Supervising Attorney. Punctuality and reliability are a must; references and background checks are needed. To apply, please email immigrationlawnyc@gmail.com.

CLE Immigration Event
Memphis, TN - (May 17-18, 2013) The Federal Bar Association in conjunction with the Memphis Mid-South Chapter of the FBA; American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, invite you to join us for one of the most exciting national immigration conferences available this year. The confirmed speaker line-up is a who's who of well-renowned AILA attorneys and government officials including Judges from The US Circuit Court of Appeals, EOIR and other former and current Immigration Judges from across the country, and counsel from The Office of Immigration Litigation (OIL). This conference also offers the opportunity to hear from a panel of ICE and USCIS supervisors as they discuss various immigration issues that affect both the Mid-South and the nation as a whole. Program includes special tracks for pro bono attorneys as well as criminal lawyers. Earn up to 14.5 CLE hours (with a possibility of 3 ethics hours offered) and have fun, too. Early bird deadline is March 31, 2013. This Conference is limited to 400 Participants. Feel free to check out the preliminary brochure. Also, check out the housing and other information see here.

To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see here

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Gary Renick, Richard Yang

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
Boston College - March 21-22 - The Center for Human Rights and International Justice is pleased to invite all those interested to a free academic symposium that will explore historic and enduring issues in migration, including refugees and forced migration, race and class in U.S. immigration, and policy. To attend, please register here: https://www.alumniconnections.com/ol...form_id=142725 by March 15th.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2013 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong