Comment: Are You LinkedIn?
ILW.COM cordially invites immigration professionals: attorneys, paralegals, law students and others to join the ILW.COM LinkedIn group. The ILW.COM LinkedIn Group is a place for you to enhance your network with others in the field, to discuss issues of mutual interest, and to keep on the top of the latest developments in immigration law.

Article: The Status of Internet Proxy Marriages Under Immigration Law by Cyrus D. Mehta

Blogging: The New I-9: Why Now When We Need Immigration Amnesty for Employers? by Nicole Kersey and Angelo Paparelli

Blogging: Revised 2-Page Form I-9 is Finally Released by Bruce Buchanan

Blogging: ICE Using a Computer Program to Determine whether to Detain Immigrants by Matthew Kolken

Blogging: H-1B Cap Opens April 1 by Chris Musillo

News: USCIS Updates H-2B Cap Count

News: USCIS Releases Handbook For Employers On Guidance For Completing Form I-9

Focus: I-9 Enforcement
The deadline to register for the third and final session of the ILW.com Seminar Series I-9 and E-Verify For Experts is March 12th. The Discussion Leader is Ann Allott and speakers include Sarah Duckham, Susan McConn, and Matthew Warren. The curriculum is as follows:

• What to do to mitigate civil and criminal employer sanctions
  • Five regulatory factors that need to be considered to mitigate civil fines in audits or re-audits
  • Discussion of the Attorney/Client privilege during Form I-9 audits
  • Discuss the New Form I-9 that is to be used immediately, and by May 8, 2013 all employers will be required to use the new form.
For additional information, speaker biographies, and registration, please see:
Online: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201302.shtm
Fax Form: http://www.ilw.com/seminars/201302.pdf

Headline: Caravan for Immigration Reform arrives in Miami Click here
Headline: Senators agree on path to legal status for undocumented immigrants Click here
Headline: Jeb Bush falls into GOP's immigration trap Click here
Headline: Florida caravan pushing Marco Rubio to lead immigration reform movement Click here
Headline: Bush's line on immigration Click here
Headline: HuffPostPol: Latino voters want same-sex couples to be included in immigration reform, according to a poll Click here
Headline: March 8 - EB-5 Status Quo Click here
Headline: Castro talks immigration in Miami Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal
New York, NY - Downtown New York City firm is seeking a full-time, experienced, Spanish-speaking immigration paralegal. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of immigration experience in preparing and assembling immigration packages to be submitted to USCIS for IV processes, with I-30 Alien Relative Petitions, I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, I-360 VAWA petitions, I-765, Employment Authorization, and I-140 Employment-Based petitions. Fluency in Spanish is essential; College degree preferred. Other qualifications include excellent writing and communication skills, proofing and reviewing applications and legal forms, ability to work independently or with supervision, ability to work well with Supervising Attorney. Punctuality and reliability are a must; references and background checks are needed. To apply, please email immigrationlawnyc@gmail.com.

CLE Immigration Event
Memphis, TN - (May 17-18, 2013) The Federal Bar Association in conjunction with the Memphis Mid-South Chapter of the FBA; American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, invite you to join us for one of the most exciting national immigration conferences available this year. The confirmed speaker line-up is a who's who of well-renowned AILA attorneys and government officials including Judges from The US Circuit Court of Appeals, EOIR and other former and current Immigration Judges from across the country, and counsel from The Office of Immigration Litigation (OIL). This conference also offers the opportunity to hear from a panel of ICE and USCIS supervisors as they discuss various immigration issues that affect both the Mid-South and the nation as a whole. Program includes special tracks for pro bono attorneys as well as criminal lawyers. Earn up to 14.5 CLE hours (with a possibility of 3 ethics hours offered) and have fun, too. Early bird deadline is March 31, 2013. This Conference is limited to 400 Participants. Feel free to check out the preliminary brochure. Also, check out the housing and other information see here.

To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see here

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Gary Renick, Richard Yang

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event
Falls Church, VA - March 22 - 2:00 pm - The Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) invites interested parties to participate in a meeting regarding EOIR's attorney discipline program and professional conduct rules for immigration attorneys and representatives. To RSVP for the meeting, please contact Lauren Alder Reid, Counsel for Legislative and Public Affairs at pao.eoir@usdoj.gov by March 18.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2013 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X
Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken, Chris Musillo, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong