No announcement yet.

News: DHS Extends Temporary Protected Status for Nicaragua

Collapse
X
Collapse

• News: DHS Extends Temporary Protected Status for Nicaragua

Temporary Protected Status Extended for Nicaragua

Release Date: October 16, 2014

WASHINGTON - Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson will extend Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for eligible nationals of Nicaragua for an additional 18 months, effective Jan. 6, 2015, through July 5, 2016.

Current TPS Nicaragua beneficiaries seeking to extend their TPS must re-register during the 60-day re-registration period that runs from Oct. 16, 2014 through Dec. 15, 2014. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) encourages beneficiaries to re-register as soon as possible once the 60-day re-registration period begins. USCIS will not accept applications before Oct. 16, 2014.

The 18-month extension also allows TPS re-registrants to apply for a new Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Eligible TPS Nicaragua beneficiaries (or persons without nationality who last habitually resided in Nicaragua) who re-register during the 60-day period and request a new EAD will receive one with an expiration date of July 5, 2016.

To re-register, current TPS beneficiaries must submit Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status. Re-registrants do not need to pay the Form I-821 application fee, but they must submit the biometric services fee (or a fee-waiver request) if they are age 14 or older. All TPS re-registrants must also submit Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization. TPS re-registrants requesting an EAD must submit the Form I-765 application fee or a fee-waiver request. If the re-registrant does not want an EAD, no application fee is required.

Applicants may request that USCIS waive the Form I-765 application fee or biometrics fee based on an inability to pay by filing Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver, or by submitting a written request. Fee-waiver requests must be accompanied by supporting documentation. USCIS will reject the TPS application of any applicant who fails to submit the required filing fees or a properly documented fee-waiver request.

All USCIS forms are free. Applicants can download these forms from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/forms or request them by calling USCIS toll-free at 1-800-870-3676.

Additional information on TPS for Nicaragua—including guidance on eligibility, the application process and where to file—is available online at http://www.uscis.gov/tps. Further details about this extension of Nicaragua for TPS, including the application requirements and procedures, will appear in a Federal Register notice published today.

Applicants seeking information about the status of their individual cases can check My Case Status Online, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (TTY 1-800-767-1833).

For more information about USCIS and its programs, please visit www.uscis.gov or follow us on Twitter (@uscis), YouTube (/uscis) and the USCIS blog The Beacon

Last Reviewed/Updated: 10/16/2014

Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• News: USCIS Clarification of STEM OPT Extension Reporting Responsibilities and Training Obligations
      ImmigrationDaily

If you are having difficulty viewing this document please click here.

08-20-2018, 08:41 AM
    • News: CRS Report on The Trump Administration’s “Zero Tolerance” Immigration Enforcement Policy
      ImmigrationDaily
      08-16-2018, 04:49 PM
    • News: Justice Department Secures Denaturalization of Guardian Convicted of Sexual Abuse of a Minor
      ImmigrationDaily
      Justice Department Secures Denaturalization of Guardian Convicted of Sexual Abuse of a Minor Release Date: Aug. 15, 2018 RALEIGH, N.C. — On Aug. 8, Chief Judge James C. Dever III of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina entered an order that revoked the naturalized U.S. citizenship of a child sex offender; restrained and enjoined him from claiming any rights, privileges, or advantages of U.S. citizenship; and ordered him to immediately surrender and deliver his Certificate of Naturalization and any other indicia of U.S. citizenship to federal authorities. “The Justice Department is committed to preserving the integrity of our nation’s immigration system and the propriety of the government’s adjudication of immigration benefits,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Chad A. Readler of the Justice Department’s Civil Division. “We will aggr...
      08-16-2018, 02:04 PM
    • News: USCIS publishes Immigration Services Available for Those Affected by California Wildfires
      ImmigrationDaily
      Immigration Services Available for Those Affected by California Wildfires USCIS offers immigration services that may help people affected by unforeseen circumstances , including the California wildfires. The following services may be available on a discretionary basis upon request: Changing a nonimmigrant status or extending a nonimmigrant stay for an individual currently in the United States. If you don’t apply for the extension or change before your authorized period of admission expires, we may excuse the delay if it was due to extraordinary circumstances beyond your control; Re-parole of individuals previously granted parole by USCIS; Expedited processing of advance parole requests; Expedited adjudication of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 s...
      08-15-2018, 02:51 PM
    • News: Re-Registration Period Now Open for Temporary Protected Status for Yemen
      ImmigrationDaily
      Re-Registration Period Now Open for Temporary Protected Status for Yemen Versión en español WASHINGTON — U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that current beneficiaries of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) under Yemen’s designation who want to maintain their status through the extension date of March 3, 2020, must re-register between August 14, 2018, and October 15, 2018. Re-registration procedures, including how to renew employment authorization documents (EADs), have been published in the Federal Register and on uscis.gov/tps . All applicants must submit Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status. Applicants may also request an EAD by submitting Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, at the time they file Form I-821, or separately at a later date. Like all USCIS forms, both forms are free for download from the USCIS website at uscis.gov/tps . USCIS will issue new EADs with a March 3, 2020, expiration date to eligible Yemen TPS beneficiaries who timely re-register and apply for EADs. Given the timeframes involved with processing TPS re-registration applications, however, we recognize that not all re-registrants will receive new EADs before their current EADs expire on Sept. 3, 2018. Accordingly, we have automatically extended the validity of EADs for 180 days, through March 2, 2019. ...
      08-14-2018, 01:19 PM
    • News: USCIS Accrual of Unlawful Presence and F, J, and M Nonimmigrants
      ImmigrationDaily
      08-13-2018, 11:25 AM
    Working...
    X